Hi there, I’m fairly new to Keto so have a few questions for you pros out there please.
- I’m finding it hard to get my fibre quota per day without going over carb count. Using broccoli, chia seeds etc should I be taking physllium husk? I’m struggling with a little constipation despite 2-3 litres of water per day.
- I like getting my 5 a day in veg but again pushing myself over carbs to around 30g per day with veggies even though I only use low carb ones… all adds up.
- Calories are around 1400 per day which I find easy as I’m not hungry. I’m 147 lbs so close to the end of my weight loss journey as need to lose around 10lbs. Does anyone have any advice on whether calories matter, should I measure these as well as carbs?
- My ketones go up and down and I measure with a blood ketone meter - I’ve managed up to 0.9 but seem to only manage a light Ketosis at 0.4 -0.6. Will I start to burn fat at this level or should I be pushing for higher numbers?
- Finally - fats, I’m enjoying olive oil, butter, avocados, ghee, coconut oil - any other good fats I should be adding? Oh I get my omega 3s from oily fish and eat nuts and seeds although carb soon add up with these!
Thanks for any help!