ADF club

(Susan) #428

My sleep schedule is all messed up because of work and appointments. I take my sleeping medication and go to bed intent on fasting but at the wire I get up and eat. Frozen Keto meals but I am disappointing myself that I can’t fast. I am eating once a day.

(Megan) #429

Good afternoon all! I hit 42 hours fasted and wasnt really hungry at all, but I knew Id just gorge myself at dinner if I didnt have a little something something. Im back in the office this week so its way easier to just not pack food for a mandatory clean fast all day haha. Back in the game!

Hope everyone is doing well :slight_smile:

(Linda ) #430

You guys are all doing great so proud of you all.

Last night I only ate once 11 pm but will try and switch eating hours around this weekend…get back into a routine i hope.

(Susan) #431

Hi, glad to be here. My monday weigh in. I lost 2.9 lbs in the last week. Down to 164.5. I am only 3 pounds away from my weight before going to my Daughter’s, which was 161.5.
Either yesterday or today is my 2 year anniversary of being on the forum. I sure appreciate this place.

(Linda ) #432

This weeks weigh in down just over 1lb but I have finally made it to 50 lbs lost…

(Susan) #433

That is a nice number! Congrats!

Heart palpitations finally got the better of me
(Karen) #434

August 10
So the Monday weigh in is completely optional. If it is not motivational for you, don’t do it, but I think some people were just finding it kind of fun. So in light of that … report in Only if you wish.
Week 1 - group loss was 6.1 pounds down
Week 2 - 0.5 gain
Week 3 - 3.7 down
Week 4 - 28.2 down ( big group reporting)
Week 5 - 2.2 down
Week 6 - the site was MIA
Week 7 - not sure I was awake
Week 8 - 3.1 up
How were you all doing Last week??

Week 9
Karen - 0.5 down
Mary -
Sue - 2.9 down
Alec -
Nelle -
Megan -
Linda - 1.5 down
Niamh -
Jenny -
Fay -
Andrea -
Sam -
Isobel -

Total 4.9 down

Chime in. If you did not do ADF this week or weigh I will just put you down as a zero. Seems fair. I hope this finds all of you well I know that some of you are still focused and losing that weight/fat

(Linda ) #435

Todays weigh in 1.5 down

(Bacon for the Win) #436

I am mostly doing IF/EF and not ADF these days. Just too hard they way my schedule shakes out. My weight has not changed and would probably do better on ADF.

(Karen) #437

That is exactly the problem. Life gets in the way for me too doing ADF; however, it is the thing that works. :grin:

(Linda ) #438

I just did a check at where I was when Karen started this thread and where I am now and since may 27th til to day ive lost 19lb .
So even if i can’t always do the ADF just staying accountable is really helping…i think with the sight messing up didnt help us…but im pleased it seems to be ok now :blush:

(Niamh) #439

Hey guys!
So I’m feeling really good about things…
I have not been practicing ADF, but I am doing intermittent fasting. Mostly a 19ish hour frame of fasting. I’ve been working several 12 hour shifts and ever since the “egg diet” was mentioned and I’ve come up with a plan that seems to have broken my plateau (which was a bouncing between a ten pound weight range for a few months).
I don’t think I weighed last Monday but did last Tuesday.
7/27 141.7 (this was a gain week, a big gain week)
8/3 133.3
8/11 135.1 ( a tuesday not a monday)
8/17 130.4 (today)

So the weightloss program I signed up for wanted me for week one to stick with proteins at about 700 calories a day. I fell of the wagon the first week by not packing a lunch at the hospital, while I was still keto I think I wasn’t doing what was asked on about three days. So I asked them if I could repeat week one, and that is what I have been doing.
I bought myself a nice Rotessiere chicken from Costco and ate that over about four days with eggs.
So at 1500 (3PM) I was eating two boiled eggs
At 1930 (7:30PM) or 2000 (8PM) I was eating my chicken
Thats been about four of my seven days.
One day (Saturday) was eating out with hiking friends (post hike) brisket, some greens, a caprese salad , green beans and not really what I was supposed to be doing. Though at week two they do say add two cups of veggies into my diet.
Two days bacon and a steak…
Yesterday was an OMAD of bacon and steak at 3PM because the day before was a restaurant indulge mentioned above.
My body seems to really want me to be very low carb to start seeing a huge loss. Which is heart breaking as I’m drawn to veggies way more than meat. But trying to reach goal and then will take it from there.
My goal is 125, I feel like if I keep this up I might be there finally…

(Linda ) #440

Wow you are doing amazing congrats…keep us updated on your progress…

(Karen) #441

You are so right on this I kind of lost steam when I wanted to sign on and talk to my support group and it was unavailable or sporadically available. Super frustrating. So I’m glad to see that it’s sorted out

(Karen) #442

You are within spitting distance girl! You can do it

(Karen) #443

Aug. 17
The level of participation in weigh-ins is way down. :rofl::joy::rofl:I think I will lay off recording it for now.

I am up 2 pounds. And have not been consistently doing ADF. Today was rather a disaster. Completely my fault. And no excuses. I hope the rest of you have had better success

(Niamh) #444

Karen, you are a wonderful inspiration.
I like our little group, no matter what we are doing.

(Susan) #445

My late weigh in is 164.5, not an ounce lost or gained. I started back on my exercise program today. Just some walking and light body weight reps.I plan to do the Zornfast this month.

(Karen) #446

I do too! I find it very helpful to have a supportive group and some accountability. For every failed day I have at least one or more good days. :grin:

(Bacon for the Win) #447

I’m going to do it this month too. Tried last month and felt crappy at work.

I also like this group and thread. Don’t really care if anyone’s doing ADF or not. Very supportive.