ACV while fasting

(Jason) #1

Does the brand of ACV matter. Every talks about Bragg and dont get me wrong its a great product, but there are other brands out there that match Bragg in being raw, unfiltered, orgranic, with the mother, and unpasteurized that cost much less than Bragg. Is it worth paying extra money for the brand name?

Also when does everyone take there ACV and how much, I am currently doing 1.5 onuces 3 times a day, once when I wake up, mid afternoon and then before bed.

(Doug) #2

Absolutely not, in my opinion. Bragg himself was quite a rascal and a scammer - and while he’s gone, the company and those profiting from it continue to use his name to sell things at high prices, often ridiculously high prices.

(Bob M) #3

You do this while fasting? Any reason why?

Wow even as broke as I am on a fix income I can afford to buy a bottle of Bragg’s lol

A 16 fluid ounce bottle last me over two months and it’s only $3.19 at Walmart.

I only use Apple cider vinegar with the mothers before bedtime.

The weight loss benefits of apple cider vinegar goes without saying and Braggs just happen to be the most popular brand out there.

Just make sure always use a straw when drinking apple cider vinegar to avoid problem with your tooth enamel.

('Jackie P') #5

I’m never sure about the ACV. I understood it slowed any carb absorbtion when taken prior to eating and I used to religiously force it down. Also that it lowers morning BS when taken at night. I hate the ruddy stuff TBH and don’t take it any more even though I bought 5 litres of the stuff☺.
I do still use it in cooking though.

(Jason) #6

Not a matter of being able to afford it but for example if you can get two 32oz bottles of lucys acv for 11 dollars on amazon why would you pay 21 for the same serving cause its the Bragg brand. Hundreds of videos and write ups that all go back to bragg But hardly anyone mentions other brand with the same certifications

This is the point i was trying to get across and ask.

(Jason) #7

When i got into keto and fasting several people i followed to get started all recommended it such as Dr. Berg and Thomas Delauer.

(Bob M) #8

I also used to take it and rarely take it anymore. No reason why, though.

(Bunny) #9

If your fasting you probably don’t want to exceed two table spoons a day in a glass of water.

ACV creates more ketones[1] in your body besides what your body is already creating and it also helps your body hold onto potassium while fasting. So does MCT’s (2-beta-hydroxybutyrate).

References:

[1] If you put two 2x acetic acid molecules together you get DIACETIC ACID or ACETOCETIC ACID or 1 of 3 ketone bodies!

[2] “…Acetic acid inhibits insulin secretion
Acetate receptor inhibitors could improve diabetes therapy. …” …More

[3] ”…Vinegar Improves Insulin Sensitivity to a High-Carbohydrate Meal in Subjects With Insulin Resistance or Type 2 Diabetes. …” …More

[1] “…The role of acetic acid on glucose uptake and blood flow rates in the skeletal muscle in humans with impaired glucose tolerance. Randomized controlled trial, Mitrou P, et al. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2015. …” …More

[4] “…Vinegar supplementation lowers glucose and insulin responses and increases satiety after a bread meal in healthy subjects. …” …More