Accountability Hi i'm back

(Ketoviking) #1

Hey everyone it’s been a few weeks since I checked in. I stumbled hard and have been in a downward spiral. I’ve gained 7lbs back eating all the sugar goodness I can find. After my hike I got out of sequence with meal prep and workouts. We’ve been doing a lot of DIY in the house getting ready for the baby and it’s been fastfood and copious amounts of sugar drinks and caffeine for the last week, solid. It helps when I have one of these confessionals to get back on track. I’m not doing the whole regret thing because it takes too much time and emotional energy. I’m just sending this out to you good ppl because I know you all know the struggle. I feel like crap, I’m edgy and tired and I miss my fats and unstoppable keto energy. I decision at a time, 1 meal at a time, 1 moment at a time, 1 day at a time.

Welcome back and good luck!

(Jody) #3

I am a firm believer all the little lessons we learn along the path just make us stronger. How else would you build strength and resilience if you didn’t get knocked down once in awhile.

Welcome back!!

(Doug) #4

Very true, Pasiviking. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s not always adventurous, but it’s often necessary. The struggle is real.

(Jessica) #5

Yep! Move on! 7lbs is nothing. You got this! I’ve been lax this week and need to get back on track, too.

(Marianne) #6

Welcome back.

Honestly, if you eat as much keto food as you want for the first week (I would suggest three meals a day), I think all of your cravings for sweets and carbs will go away (or at least be totally manageable), and you will feel great. I bet after that, you won’t want to eat as much or as often as when you first started. That was my experience. Good luck!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7

Welcome back!!! I like your beard!!!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #8

I often have to remind myself that spending time planning on having the food you want on hand isn’t selfish, it’s smart. Hope the improvements and baby prep are coming along well. Welcome back!

(David Hagy) #9

Yes, Grasshopper

KCKO

(Ketoviking) #10

So much wisdom in what you just said regarding actually having a sit down session on what you expect to eat and have available in the house. That’s how this binge started. I ASSUMED that I had plenty of chicken thighs in the freezer, fail, eggs in the fridge (2), bacon??? We’re out…sorry. I was covered in saw dust and it was 7pm. “Fine just grab me something wherever you’re going” (my wife doesn’t keto) and that’s how it starts. Constant Vigilance friends!

(Ketoviking) #11

Thanks! The beard is one thing my Germanic/Irish genes gave me that I love. The stocky wide build and affinity to pour on weight and fat…ehhh not so much.

(Ketoviking) #12

What’s crazy is even with all the sugar and processed crap I’ve had in the last week, I can still feel my body pulling towards/asking for KETO foods.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #13

Same!!! I call it the gene cesspool!

Have had several lapses myself, hope you’re back on track now. Not beating myself up either, life happens…
Hope your energy levels come back up okay, mine never did as much after my Christmas slip!