Accidentally made a chocolate mayonnaise

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #1

so i put egg yolks and water in a cup

warmed up some butter and put that in the cup

this is where it went “wrong”.

added hot cocoa (cocoa and water boiled) & sweet’ner, as well as some cream, instead of mustard

it turned out relatively runny like a hot chocolate should

it had an unpleasantly buttery flavor but was relatively palatable

ps: is butter an acceptable fat to mayonnaise with?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2

Ewwww. Did you eat it though? I probably would have tried it.

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #3

i drank it and i have to say that it was relatively okay

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

…To boldly go where no one has gone before…:joy::joy:

No butter in mayo! Avocado, coconut, olive, bacon grease. Coconut oil and Bacon grease both require some Avocado or Olive oil so you don’t end up with solidified mayo when refrigerated. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #5

Wouldn’t the same precautions to bacon grease apply if you did make butter mayonnaise?

What’s the problem with butter mayo anyway?

I have like 2.25kg of butter that I can use no other way (because I don’t like it melted over meat - too greasy) unless I just make a fsckoff obscene amount of omelettes, fried pork and beef chops, just a lot of fried food that’ll give me trouble in the form of hypersatiety from my duodenum (trouble that I call gallbladder trouble because it’s linked with a large amount of fat).

Apparently, an egg yolk can soak up up to a litre of oil without splitting. I’d still stick to no more than 454g (one entire block of butter) per yolk but to each their own.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #6

Come on, David! Be bold and go where no one has gone before. When I finally get around to it I intend to try both butter mayo and lard mayo.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7

Freeze it for using over time. That’s what I do. I get lots of butter when I get deals like $2 lb. and freeze it. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

I love this description! :rofl:

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #9

what about it do you like so much?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

It’s just the juxtaposition of “relatively” with “okay”—it wasn’t absolutely okay, just relatively okay–especially when I was expecting “vile,” lol!

(You may have noticed I have an odd sense of humour.)

(Bob M) #11

I also freeze butter.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #12

I need me some solidified mayo to just eat with a spoon!

Mind you I’ve been known to have a spoonful of mayo on the rare occasion I need something to tide me over…

(Diane) #13

I sometimes think of artichokes as a mayo delivery system. Get some mayo with a little fresh lemon juice, some pink salt… and dip away with the artichoke.

No one has to know that I eat the leftover mayo with a spoon (cause I would never just lick it out of the bowl!).

Waste not… want not…

(Diane) #14

Is hollandaise sauce a little like a lemony mayonnaise? It’s made with butter.

('Jackie P') #15

This would be hollandaise! A little more fiddly but jolly nice!
Cocoa? …mmmm …novel I suppose

(Full Metal KETO AF) #17

@Halo Shocking! I should have figured someone had already done it, the internet reveals the fact that whatever idea you think is original has been done already.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #18

Relatively okay describes the chocolate omelette I ended up with when I was trying to guess at a mug cake. We don’t waste food around here. :grin:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #19

What kind of crazy person are you??!? :roll_eyes:

Everyone knows that artichokes were made for lemon butter!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(actually, now that I think of it . . . ) :grin: