Accidental Fast?

(Brian Miller) #1

Started yesterday morning just not hungry so I headed out to help a friend load a moving van which I knew would keep me from having lunch. Evening time rolled around and hunger was still nowhere to be found so I rationalized that if I don’t eat then goto bed by time I wake up I’ll be well beyond 24hrs. Here I am today at just over 36hrs and other than thinking “I should eat” I don’t feel hungry. Should I be concerned in that I’ve entered this fast with little to no planning and very little overall understanding?

(Jacquie) #2

Love that your fast was unplanned and it just sorta happened. That’s neat! :grinning: I won’t chime in about extended fasting advice as I don’t fast more that18 hours.

(Casey Freeman) #3

I would celebrate versus worry. I had a similar experience, started out to see if I could do a 24 hour fast, after day one thought this isn’t so bad, let’s try for 2 days. I ended up going 14 days and felt like I could have continued, just had a family event that I wanted to enjoy with food. Keep going!

Casey

(Brian Miller) #4

Would this seem like time to start a daily multivitamin?

(Mark) #5

I don’t think you need to be concerned, I’m not going to be concerned with fasting until I run out of body fat to burn for energy,and that will be awhile, I think we have all been brainwashed into the 3 meals a day or even worse 6 meals a day advice that when we don’t eat for a day the mental game is harder to overcome than just listening to our bodies for true hunger, I started the zorn fast Wednesday night and feeling great,go watch some of butter bob Briggs videos on YouTube ,he keeps it real simple,if you’re not hungry ,just don’t eat is what he says I’ve been reading studies that prove calorie restriction improves longevity, so I don’t think I am damaging my health but only improving it,I still remember feeling how hard my body had to work to digest all that food I was eating,keep calm and keto on

(Stephanie Hanson) #6

Isn’t it lovely. This is the part about being fat adapted that I love the most.

(Mark) #7

(Bill) #8

I am currently in a very similar situation. it’s funny that the computer had this thread up, without any searching.

Normally, over the past few months, Ive been doing an IF of approx 16hrs each weekday, and a 24 hr fast on friday. weekdays are more structured (work) and easier to track. i also allow a “re-feed” day between saturday or sunday. I usually work out about 6 days a week and want to be fat adapted vs therapeutic ketosis.

yesterday started out like any normal day, taking exogenous ketones at approx 10am (Pruvit Keto OS) and went for a walk and had some coffee w. mct around 12:30. on the walk i was fantasizing about my lunch: mixed kale/arugala/spinach salad with brocolli (sauteed in bacon fat); brussels w. bacon (sauteed in bacon fat); fermented beets; sour krout; homemade pickled broccolli stems; avacodo oil drizzled generously on top and chicken thighs with bacon and an avocado on the side, i love to cook.

the only “problem,” come 2 o’clock when it came to break my fast, nothing. not a hunger pang to be had. for most of my life i’ve tried to follow the very complicated, “if you’re hungry eat, when you’re full stop,” much to the astonishment of friends stopping mid sandwich to wrap for later or making a power bar last all day. Since i wasn’t hungry, i didn’t eat.

the hunger never came, so i decided to start my first 3 day fast. i’m very interested in the growth hormones that i’ve heard come at the 72 hr mark. this should make for a very successful gym session friday night.

while not a true fast, supplementing with ketones, amino acids, bone broth, a couple macadamia nuts/almonds, and a piece of bacon w/ almond butter (post gym, wanted to make sure my body had a lil something), i am still very interested to see the results especially since this is impromptu and i’m just listening to my body.

KCKO!