Accidental fast

(Trish) #1

Didn’t get around to eating yesterday until late in the day, so thought why bother at that point since I wasn’t really hungry then. Had eaten Friday dinner and then Sunday afternoon so about 43 hours. So easy! And bonus is the scale is my friend today as I finally got to see a new weight decade lol. 178 before I ate. Will see though what it says tomorrow morning. :wink:

(Rob) #2

Amazing how the formerly impossible becomes the accidental and trivial?

#Ketomazing!!

(Trish) #3

@Capnbob it is interesting how easily the body adapts, although for years I wouldn’t get around to breakfast until the afternoon simply because I was busy working and forgot. One down side though is that I feel a bit like I have an eating disorder in that I feel I have to hide my fasting as my other half doesn’t feel it’s safe. He said since I’d just fasted (zornfast) a couple of weeks ago that it was too soon. He’s also not happy that it’s zornfast again starting tomorrow night.

(Rob) #4

I think you’ll live…

https://www.ehealthstar.com/how-long-can-you-live-without-food.php

(Trish) #5

Ya I think so too LOL. Interesting article. A few points I would counter but re the Scottish guy who fasted so long, I even gave that example to hunnie. I think that he thinks I’m becoming a zealot. Perhaps I am LOL.

(Raj Seth) #6

If I am accused of being a zealot when pursuing my own health - then KEEP CALM AND ZEALOT ON

(Rob) #7

In the same vein my wife frequently reminds me not to be so “preachy” or I’ll risk coming across like a Vegan! :open_mouth:

I just did a quick search on “Accidental Fasting” because I knew I was not alone. I saw a number of threads like this one. (Is it bad form to bring up an old thread?? Sorry!)

I am apparently fasting right now. I didn’t mean to, but after eating Sunday night, I went all day yesterday with only water, coffee, and tea. I figured by that point (and because of a miserable day), I might as well just go to bed.

This morning I planned to eat my usual lunch (after only coffee in the morning), but that time came and went and now I figure I may as well wait until dinner. I didn’t actually think I COULD do a fast. At least not yet. And here I am just stumbling into it. Isn’t that weird!? It seems weird. Ha!

No, people do it all the time and I find it nice.

Not weird but I can imagine it is for you if you never did anything like that before.
I had it all in my life, sometimes I felt zero hunger and appetite so I skipped a day. It was super easy, high-carb or not (is it matter I ate tons of fat I wonder), eating would have been harder.
Keto didn’t make it any more frequent, skipping a whole day is still really rare. My hunger and eating window changed but it’s pretty normal on keto.

Starting eating once a day was weird. Sometimes you change your woe and your knowledge about yourself (that you experienced for years or decades) becomes obsolete.

(Trish) #10

Really you’re just listening to your body. If you don’t feel like eating then don’t force it. Go with the flow. When it’s time to eat you’ll know it. Just don’t overdo it I’d you’ve fasted a few days.