Accidental Almond Milk

(Failed) #1

I like making chaffles and I use a recipe that calls for 1/2 cup/48 g of almond flour. They come out a little dry, so I thought I would see if I could cook almond flour and water in my Instant Pot like you would steel cut oats and end up with a moist cereal-type end product to add to the chaffle batter.

I used a ratio of one part almond flour to three parts water and pressure cooked for 10 minutes with a natural release.

It didn’t thicken up like I was hoping it would. However I have white liquid now. I’m going to let it cool down and see what it tastes like. Maybe I made almond milk. If so, that was easy.

I remember a friend posted on Facebook years ago her tutorial for making homemade almond milk, it was a lot of soaking and squeezing over and over…it makes sense to me that the pressure cooking may have sped up that process!

(Failed) #3

Plus the almonds in the flour are already finely ground, so more surface area.

(Allie) #4

Not as easy as making it on purpose. I used to make almond milk many years ago, it’s so easy and no cooking required. Just soak almonds overnight, drain and rinse, add fresh water and blend then filter.