About the recipes, Recipes, RECIPES category

(Dudes) #1

Post up your keto Recipes, improve on ours from the podcast, or create something new, delicious and keto - and share with the community.

Rules:

• Visitors can not see Recipes
  • Novices can see Recipes
  • Regulars can create new Recipes

(Gary) #2

Is there an easy way to print a recipe posted here, or is it a copy and paste situation?

(matt ) #3

The fastest way might be to highlight the part you want to print and do “print” and then “selection” from the browser options.

(Gary) #4

Thanks Matt!

I’m looking for 2KD fried chicken from a podcast we listened to recently… maybe the fasting podcast? I’ve searched recipes but can’t seem to find it! Can anyone help?

(Luis Zeledon) #7

I can’t even find how to get to where there are actual recipes not just people talking about How good they all are.

(matt ) #9

You might want to make your recipe its own post. This is the “about” post .

(Roni C) #11

Just made my first Keto Coleslaw! It’s fabulous! Love trying out the recipes. Thanks

(Barbara) #12

I didn’t know if you found this recipe yet. it’s under recipes, recipes, recipes

(Heather~KWOL for life!) #13

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/10-keto-friendly-recipes-slow-201500552.html

(Yvette Rifley) #14

Clipping sections to One Note has been amazing for me!

I’ve been messing around with chicken fingers. I like using pork rinds but the chicken lacks some of the crispiness of a normal fried chicken. Without worrying about the spices, my favorite thus far is dip in egg and then into a 1:1:1 mix of Romano cheese, pork rinds, and flax seed meal. I’ve only cooked in olive oil. The flax gives it some crunch!

(matt ) #16

Are you crushing it really fine? Mine are always super crispy with nothing but rinds and spices.

I purchase the pre-ground pork rinds so they are pretty fine.

(traci simpson) #18

Have you tried it?

(Karla Sykes) #20

Post your coleslaw recipe I would love to try it

(Kirk Wolak) #21

Okay, I have Nut and dairy allergies, am 99% carnivore by force…
Therefore, I have a tough time with desserts, which I forego most of the year.
This will be my second Keto Thanksgiving. Last year, I had REAL desserts.

This year, my idea of Thanksgiving is KETO desserts!

So, I am going to make a Pumpkin Cheesecake (refrigerator) style. But I want a darn crust!

So, I found it… I made a Pork Rind Panko Crumble Crust!
Since I am only testing right now, and I will make it officially the week of Thanksgiving, I will put the updated recipe up after Thanksgiving.

But in a nutshell, I made such a DELICIOUS Crumble, my daughter finished the test batch, and my wife (not Keto) said “Not bad”… She HATES everything!

It was simply: Pork Rinds, Egg Yolk, Butter, Cinnamon, Swerve, and Lakanto Maple Syrup. I baked it for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.

After experimenting more (collagen makes it too gooey, too much butter makes it soggy,
too much yolk makes it eggy)…

This is how I will make it (Bake 10-20 Minutes)

You need about 3 times the pork rinds to make the bottom.
So, if you can spread 1 cup as a thin layer of the dish…
You need about 3 cups. Maybe 4!

2-3 Egg Yolks

3-4 Cups Pork Rind Panko
1 Tbsp Powdered Sweetener (Xylitol, Swerve)
2 Tsp Cinnamon

Combine in a food Processor

Add in
1 Tbsp of Lakanto Maple Syrup
1-2 Tbsp Melted Butter
2-3 Egg Yolks (Do one at a time, 2 may be more than enough)

Pulse to combine well. This moistens (but should not wet). So add it slowly!

I would do:
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp of Melted Butter
1 Egg Yolk

Blending

Add as needed:
1 Tbsp of Melted Butter
1 Egg Yolk

Keep combining

Add 1 more Egg Yolk, or a little more butter, depending.

You are looking to COAT and MOISTEN the mixture to make it plyable.
It doesn’t need to be sweet sweet.

A good crust is worth eating on it’s own.

I have no idea if the sweetness, etc will be right. I will be tasting as I go!

Yes this has butter. Yes I will be having cheesecake. Just realize that for a once or twice a year treat, I will consume some allergens. But nuts will throw me into migraines, and nuts plus dairy will be 3-5 times worse. So we pick and choose what we can enjoy.

Let me coin the phrase: PAFFLE (Panko Waffle) now… LOL You heard it here first!

(Pam) #22

I saw on Facebook that you can slice ripe avocados and freeze them on parchment paper on a tray so they won’t stick together. Later transfer them to a freezer bag for the convenience of taking a few slices out at a time.