About the Public Before and After Shots category

(carl) #1

This category is for people to share PUBLIC photos of themselves with before and after shots. Anything that you post here is fair game for anyone to share on Facebook, Instagram, or however they see fit. By posting here you are giving public permission for your image(s) to be shared freely on the Internet. It is for THAT reason that we have some guidelines as set forth by our social media manager @2kdsocialmedia_nak (Nak) in her own words:

Hey, dudes! I’m Nak and I work on 2KetoDudes social media. The 2KetoDudes instagram relies on your photos. We love to share your homemade creations, keto restaurant finds, and progress pictures. If you’d like to share your photos with us, please post them in the appropriate forum. If you’re on instagram, tag us and use #2KetoDudes.

BEFORE/AFTER - FACE
The first kind of before and after is a face comparison. On instagram, we use the hashtag #facetofacefriday. Your picture should be from the chest up. You can do this by starting anywhere between the chest and the bottom of someone’s neck. When you are trying to select photos for a face comparison, keep a few things in mind:

Try to either use a picture that only has your face in it or one other person. Because there are less faces, these pictures are often taken from a shorter distance, meaning they are better quality.

You can totally use a selfie for you the face shot. If you do choose to use selfies, make sure the photos are taken at the same (or a very similar) angle. It’s better not to raise your arms too much when taking a selfie. Use straight arms so the photo is close to eye level. You can either look at the camera or take it from the side.

BEFORE/AFTER - FULL BODY SHOT
The next kind of before and after is a full body shot. It has a person’s whole body (or large amount). Some people choose to crop out their faces. Others blur it or add some sort of sticker. You may keep your face visible if you’d like - it all depends on the person. You may take this photo straight on (frontal shot) or from the side.

Some body shot tips:

You can be whatever degree of clothed you want. However, instagram does not allow female nipples and genitals. If you are going out of your way to take progress photos, put some thought into what you’re wearing. Some people do progress photos in the same shirt/dress/pants to show how the fit changes. Others wear their underclothes or work out gear. The more similar the clothing, the easier it is to see the difference in weight loss.

GENERAL TIPS
Make sure there is contrast between you and your background. If you are going out of your way to take a photo, try to take it against a solid background like a wall. Wear clothes that do not match said background.

Watermark your photos. If you use instagram or have a blog, put your username or URL. If you don’t have either of those, you may put @2KetoDudes. If you send you upload a before/after photo without a watermark, I will automatically add @2KetoDudes. This is to avoid people stealing your photos. Companies use unmarked before/afters in order to sell their sketchy product. If you tag us in your before/after on instagram and there is no watermark, I will repost it from you without the watermark.

ACTUALLY CREATING THE BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTO
Here’s how I create a before/after photo on my iPhone. I find this to be the easiest way:

• Go into Layout app.
  • Select the photos you’d like to use - 2 photos. Pick the option where the photos are side by side, and are the same size.
  • Put your before on the left and your after on the right.
  • Add a border if you’d like.
  • Save photo.

If you would like to add a watermark, use an app like Phonto. It’s good for adding text on pictures. This is also good if you want to include weight’s on your picture.

Post completed before and after in forum or on instagram. Tag @2KetoDudes and use #2KetoDudes or #Team2KetoDudes.

HOW TO BE FEATURED ON INSTAGRAM
Upload photo to instagram. Tag us and use #2KetoDudes. I will repost it.

Upload your before and after RIGHT HERE in the Public Before and After Shots forum (category). I will add a watermark if it does not have one and upload it to our instagram page.

@carl sent me two of his images to use as a before/after. While the pictures aren’t perfect, they do demonstrate what we’re looking for.

(Ashley Haddock) #2

Am I missing a thread to post on? I was going to add a pic! Though I already posted/tagged on Instagram so maybe I don’t need to post here. :slight_smile:

(carl) #3

If you post it here then we will post it on OUR Instagram feed