Abbrevations

(paul ) #1

How bout a list of Abbreviations? I think I am ok but still get lost. Like I still havent figured out CICO. You cant imagine what I come up with! (Scary) So a list might be useful to a lot of people. Notice how I use people when I mean me.

(Dustin Cade) #2

CICO is calories in calories out…
WOE is way of eating
KCKO is keep calm keto on
NSV is non scale victory

there are more we can add them here

(paul ) #3

Awesome!!!

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #4

Then there are the scientific ones, like

LDL Low Density Lipoprotein
HDL High Density Lipoprotein
VLDL Very Low density lipoprotein
sdLDL small dense Low Density Lipoprotein (could be “small deadly” actually).
IDL Intermediate Density Lipoprotein
LP(a) is just “Lipoprotein little a” I think.

There are many more, I’m sure.

(Paula Green) #5

I’ve been thinking this for a while, although it’s good for my brain to try and work things out :slight_smile:

(Allie) #6

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/DittoDan/view/blog-10-keto-abbreviations-acronyms-terminology-698398

(paul ) #7

Thanks DITTO! Thats a list for sure.

(matt ) #8

(What The Fast?!) #9

I was just about to link to the same thing!

(KetoCowboy) #10

That’s a great list from DittoDan, but he left out a few:

USDA stands for liars.
AHA stands for opportunistic profiteers.
AMA stands for statin salespeople.
FDA stands for bribed by pharmaceutical corporations and Monsanto.

In addition to being corrupt, these organizations fail to understand how acronyms are supposed to work.

(Georgia) #11

One that baffled me for the longest time was OMAD (One meal a day).

IF Intermittent Fasting
HWC Heavy Whipping Cream
BHB Betahydroxybutyrate
ADF Alternate Day Fasting
BPC Bulletproof Coffee
WFKD Well-formulated Ketogenic Diet

Thank you for those. I use to stare at my screen with a blank look trying to figure out what some of those meant. :thinking:

(Brian) #14

While I’ve mostly been able to figure them out by way of their context, I appreciate spelling them out, too! A few, I hadn’t gotten yet. :slight_smile:

(Vladaar Malane) #15

Thanks I was gonna start a post on this myself, cause notice lots of Abbreviations and sometimes I have to google to figure out what people are talking about.

ZC - Zero Carb
EF - Extended Fast
IF - Intermittent Fast
FF - Fat Fast
OMAD - One Meal a Day

I try to spell out abbreviations at least once in posts before I start using them, but sometimes I forget, would really help out those new here to do that. Maybe if we could get a big enough list we could put on a moderator post, like a decoder ring type of deal for new members to look at stickied. @Carl @richard

(Alba Loren) #17

Thank you for this list I couldn’t ask for anything more I was so in the dark about what was being said this is an awesome list I bookmarked it so every time I come across a new abbreviation I can just look it up on my list! Greatly appreciated!