A Well Formulated Ketoginic Coffee

(Meeping up the Science!) #16

Coffee with cinnamon and vanilla = dreamy~

(Scott Shillady) #17

For me 20 oz coffee in my Darth Vader tervis. TBS butter TBS coconut oil 1/2tbs bacon nectar. Tsp of sf Caramel syrup one packet trivia and a dash of cinnamon.

(AnnaLeeThal) #18

My daughter begs me to make Keto pumpkin spiced lattes on the regular. With heavy cream of course. She’s super thin and a gymnast, and seems to have a hollow leg so I try to offer her all the fat to eat. She is starting to understand the concept of fat making you full and that carbs just make you more hungry.

(AnnaLeeThal) #19

I will be trying this good sir

This helps reduce the need for any sweetener tremendously. I also recommended getting a burr grinder and whole beans.

(markkloch) #21

So, about a year ago, before keto, I stopped using any creamer and very much enjoyed the flavor of coffee, for the first time. Then I heard on the podcast about bpc and thought wtf! After starting keto and trying it, HELLO, it is my breakfast and lunch, only eat one meal a day. Mine is simple, T of butter, heaping tsp of mct oil powder, blender and 2 drops of liquid no sugar, no carb sweetener.

Hungry 2 hrs after BPC?

My “go to” keto coffee.

1. Cold Brew 100% Arabica coffee made in a French Press for 24 hours
  2. Heated to preference, sometime hotter sometimes just warm
  3. 1-2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
  4. 1 tablespoon coconut milk
  5. 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  6. 1 teaspoon erythritol
  7. Stevia liquid drops to taste

Depending on how I feel, I’ll sometimes add 0.5 to 1.0 tablespoon of the “Brain Octane” MCT Oil.

(Becky Searls) #23

#unicornfuel

1-2 Tb fat (grass fed butter. Coconut oil, ghee, MCT oil, etc) 1 /4 tsp cacao
1/2 tsp maca
1/4 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Blend up (optional add fond HWC-heavy whipping cream)

Kinda tastes Like a holiday flat white /spicy chai kinda flavor- adjust fat and spice amounts to your preference; optionally add liquid stevia to desired sweetness / courtesy of @paleochef

(neenera) #24

I’ve always like my coffee to taste like, well, coffee. No sweeteners ever. I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it has been my morning joy. Now I’m thinking of making a batch to sip on at work throughout the day. Knocks the heck out of hunger jabs, and is super creamy without the HWC. I drink the HWC separately, I don’t use the vanilla unless I’m jonesing for french toast on Sunday morning. I’m amazed at how restricting this diet is!!!

REAL FOOD RECIPES 69 comments bulletproof coffee, coffee, Real Food

1 TBSP coconut oil (high quality organic is best. For a good source, click here)
1 TBSP butter (preferably grass-fed)
1 splash of vanilla (optional)
2 TBSP cream or milk (I use raw, grass fed) (I drink separately)
1 cup of coffee (always buy the best quality, organic coffee you can find)

Blitz with immersion blender, or however you like it. Enjoy!

I do a basic Bulletproof coffee recipe but I alternate Coffee and Yerba Mate!!!

1.5Tbsp C8 Oil
1.5Tbsp grassfeed Ghee

And sometimes I added an egg and blend

I keep it simple: Cup of drip coffee, 1 tablespoon of Vital Farms Grass Fed Butter (melted in the microwave), 1 tablespoon of Brain Octane (I also sometimes use extra virgin olive oil if I’m out of Brain Octane, it’s really not that bad), few drops of liquid Stevia and the pièce de résistance is 1 teaspoon of Vietnamese cinnamon. I use a little beater (messes my Vitamix up too much, need to get a Bullet Blender) to mix it up. The cinnamon is supposed to be good for insulin control - not that I’m a diabetic (40 year old male, 6’1", 175 lbs but down from 206 lbs early 2016) but my dad is.

(Scott Telfer) #27

All these ingredients make coffee nicer initially with keto and changing your approach to coffee and breakfast in particular, but I honestly believe that the sooner one can get your body adapted and become accustomed to to the taste and benefit of straight up long black the better :slight_smile:

(Casey Brown) #28

I just got a percolator for Christmas and put it in my cubicle. Now my whole department - including the president of the company - come to my cubicle for coffee! Percolators are the way to go for good coffee. HWC and vanilla extract are yummy!

(Guardian of the bacon) #29

Not meaning to be argumentative, just offering up a different viewpoint.

I use my morning “keto” coffee as a meal replacement and an energy extender. I really enjoy the taste and it often gets me til mid afternoon before I feel like eating.

If grass fed butter and coconut oil are good for us, does it really matter if we take them in our coffee or on our broccoli or steak?

(Scott Telfer) #30

Not argumentative in the slightest :slight_smile: I do exactly the same thing, but found that after a long time the need to for coconut oil addition lost its necessity for me (and I love coconut oil). I found as I become better adapted just straight coffee served as a meal replacement. Completely another story of I’m trying to get back on the horse…

(Guardian of the bacon) #31

Be easier if them damn horses had shorter legs.

(Adrian Adamus) #32

I like to use a French press and use 4 tablespoons of organic coffee any variety from Trader Joe’s as long as it’s organic and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, then I add hot water to brew. Once brewed for about 5 minutes, I pour some coffee in a medium jar I have left over from my coconut oil and add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Put a lid on it, shake it up and Voila your done, pour it into your favorite coffee cup to enjoy. If I don’t have heavy cream on hand I just place a tablespoon of Kerrygold butter in it instead.

I’ve recently started adding Raw Cacao Butter when I add cocoa/cacao powder for an even more chocolate-like taste and texture.

(Oded Shopen) #34

TI just drink espresso. No sugar :).
Occasionally I’ll have a macchiato, one tablespoon of milk foam is not going to make much of a difference.
Once you get used to the bitter taste, the sweet coffee starts tasting bad.

(Joel Abdul) #35

These are awesome! I honestly would of never thought you can be so creative with coffee…turmeric in your coffee!!! Definitely going to try.

I’m simple. Black (coffee pressed) with occasional ghee.