A warning about MCT Oil

(Nary L'ecuyer) #21

i had the same issue since i started taking MCT oil. i wasnt sure what was causing it at first but damn felt bad and upset stomach as well. i even put maybe half not even a teaspoon of it and already off the bathroom i go lol. im gonna try nd stop taking it for a few days and see what its like. not been doing normal pooping since than . have you stopped taking it and feeling better? fact that im taking it gives me energy :frowning: so now idk what to take

(Nary L'ecuyer) #22

having the same issue but sadly it does help with energy :frowning: now i gotta find a replacement . idont even put a full teaspoon either and bam already Niagara fall as well! try to stop taking it for a few days and see what happens, thats what im doing i only started taking MCT oil not even for a few days now. and ive noticed how it upsets my stomach too ;/

(Diane) #23

Also, try to take it with food, not on an empty stomach. It helps!

(Michelle Coffey) #24

Hope your poop shoot is better. :tired_face::poop::joy:

(Melinda Shaw) #25

Carbs are just no longer a problem!

I started my first bottle of MCT oil as part of my process to get off dairy while troubleshooting some autoimmune issues. I usually add heavy cream to my coffee and so my process was to replace one tablespoon of cream with one tablespoon of MCT oil and gradually increase it until all Iā€™m adding to my coffee is MCT oil.
The first few days of the abrupt watery stools I thought it was me or an infection but then I noticed a pattern. For me, doing a mix of cream and MCT oil slightly mitigated these effects but going all MCT oil and no cream exacerbated them. Having since scoured the internet land, it seems to be a common problem for most people drinking MCT oil in their coffee because both MCT oil and coffee have a stomach peristalsis and colon relaxing effect on the body.
So if taking MCT oil is important maybe take it with food and/or spread it out through the day.
Personally, I will use coconut oil in my coffee for my dairy-free experiment since I did not have issues with it and also I didnā€™t experience any wondrous effects of MCT oil over coconut oil.

(Jolene Nicole) #27

Iā€™ve read that if you take the powder it lessens itā€¦ sadly this is not the case for me.
Iā€™ve also tried it with Food and nope same thingā€¦
I will say itā€™s a temp discomfort and I donā€™t mind the feeling empty feeling lol!

(Hepkat) #29

I started the Keto diet yesterday, This evening I tried MCT Oil (1 tablespoon). A couple hours later Iā€™m Googling this topic. And yeah, Iā€™ve blown sands before, but this time it was visceral, like my body was forcing me to pee out of my behind in order to save my life. I literally had my eyes closed, and kept repeating ā€œOh shit!ā€, ā€œOh shit!ā€.

And every time I wiped it was like my body wanted to start the whole process again to let me know I wasnā€™t in control. And finally, after it had its wicked way with me, and probably ensured that I will forever associate pork chops and chard with diarrhea, it left as suddenly as it arrived.

I started MCT oil about 2 weeks ago. I have more energy (ALOT) and I love it for that. I also have had to wash more pairs of disaster pants than I care to admitā€¦Iā€™m just sitting here working away (from home, thank god) and BAM! Another shart, another pair of undies and pants into the wash. Donā€™t even talk to me about the water shooting out of my butt when I DO make it to the toilet in time. Like the original poster, my poor bunghole has been tormented, abraded and made very unhappy. Iā€™m going to invest in wipes that feel like clouds at this point.

I donā€™t want to give up on it so Iā€™m just going to stop putting in coffee and try green tea instead and pray that helps. The upside, regardless, is that I have the cleanest and shiniest colon of my life.

(Chris) #31

Boy, the MCT oil sellers are laughing their way to the bank, carrying a truckload of you peopleā€™s poopy underwearā€¦

(Doug) #32

Some people do say it makes them feel energetic and great. For the most part, I think itā€™s just marketing - very expensive product compared with coconut oil which is already over half MCTs. Or, with a very broad view, why not just burn our own fat, rather than consume triglycerides?

(Alex ) #33

In defence of the people who make this stuff, I have to disagree that the above is a standard bodily response - Iā€™ve never had any discomfort or crazy ass action off the back of using MCT, in powder or oil form, and this includes having up to 45G as 1 serving.

I think itā€™s useful stuff, a lot of claims need more work, but it does something for killing hunger and clearing the headfog sometimes.

(Doug) #34

Alex, killing hunger makes perfect sense to me. Never felt ā€˜foggyā€™ due to keto or fasting, though. Is it as simple as you felt one way, took some MCT and then felt better?

(Alex ) #35

yeah, for me Itā€™s a very subtle lifting feeling - quite hard to explain really. I did a bit of reading on MCT before I bought more third bottle, and thereā€™s very little in the way of actual proper trials on it to back up anything!

The other day, Iā€™d been at home, doing a morning fastā€¦ then I decided to have a dose of MCT and then head out for some shopping, driving my car - it was almost like someone had turned up the contrast in my eyes, and everything seemed a little bit visually sharper?

The manufacturer of the C8 I currently have started a conversation with me via the review I left on Amazon, he threw a different light on usage - almost like a less is more type thing - he was adamant that using it alongside butter in coffee was totally counter intuitiveā€¦ and that small amounts, when youā€™d normally have a meal were the way to get optimal effects.

Dunno really, Iā€™m still intrigued by itā€¦ certainly never shat my pants though after having it!

(Alex ) #36

Have you tried it @OldDoug ?

(Doug) #37

No, never had any at all. Fasting gives me some of what you describe (I think). I rarely feel ā€œeuphoriaā€ but the mental clarity thing is real, especially after enough sleep - itā€™s like the computer (my brain) is running faster than ever and has zero extra tabs open and no spamware or malware.

This too - for me itā€™s a feeling of both seeing better and being more aware of my entire context, like sitting at the computer, seeing it and the surroundings, and being cleanly focused on the online discussion at hand at the same time.

The brain is a complex thingā€¦ After 4 or 5 days fasting, I was going up in the hotel elevator, and there was a little sign, saying, ā€œIn order for all our guests to have the best experience possible while in the hotel, we ask that all guests speak softly while on the guest floors.ā€

I really just glanced at it, and then while walking down the hallway to my room, it was there - not like a true photographic memory, but the entire thing, word by word, was in my mind. I went back to the elevator to check if I really had it correctly, and I did. A real feeling of the brain running more ā€œcleanlyā€ and no distractions.

(Alex ) #38

Yes! Sort of stimulating but relaxing at the same timeā€¦ I wish there was more scientific research on itā€¦

(Scott) #39

I have been putting a tablespoon in my morning coffee (first cup only) since day one and no sharts. I even do this before my saturday run too.

(Alex ) #40

do you notice any enhancement to the run @Rclause ?

(Scott) #41

Its hard to say since I have always been doing MCT in my coffee. I thought about stopping but ended up buying another bottle. I like it but not sure why.

Only difference I noticed in my running was after fat adaption kick ed in I felt great.