A warning about MCT Oil

(Stacy Flanery) #8

Omg. I feel your pain bro. I only took 2 tbs mct and oh my lord. Perhaps because it was on am empty stomach? Hopefully the gushing will end

:laughing::laughing::rofl:

Oh my. Sorry…

Too much coconut oil doesn’t even sit well with me, I’m almost afraid to try MCT.

Gross story.

(Jodi) #11

:joy::joy::joy: omg, that is just to funny.

(Rick Douglas) #12

I totally lost it with uncontrollable laughter when I read his description. REALLY funny guy I gave it to my girlfriend in the coffee and forgot to tell her and no she had never ingested it before so the “gradual” phase in was not implemented and the Bristol Scale 7+ was the result. And thanks, I never knew about that scale so now I have some official scale to measure my stools. Its a good day when you learn something new

(Bunny) #13

Here are some things I noticed personally about the loose stool :poop: issue and the introduction of MCT oil (MCFA’s) into the biome and why this can be temporary (at least for me) when more plant fiber is introduced into the diet in relation to gut flora biome:

1. :coconut: Quality of MCT oil? Is it unprocessed/unrefined ORGANIC extra virgin?
  1. :broccoli: :seedling:Amount of leafy greens (SCFA’s) in gut flora biome (1:1 ratio) to MCT oil (MCFA’s) and amount of time gut flora biome has adapted to plant fiber?

References:

1. The Use of Medium-Chain Triglycerides in Gastrointestinal Disorders
  1. Dr. Alyssa Siefert has a tablespoon of unrefined (virgin) coconut oil in her morning coffee, but she is mindful not to exceed a few tablespoons a day unless she is matching this increased LCFA consumption with fiber from whole plant foods, as fiber intake directly correlates with SCFA production in a healthy gut. She also reads labels to ensure she’s consuming organic unrefined (virgin) coconut oil that hasn’t been hydrogenated. …More

(Hoteski) #14

On the plus side … The scales will read a much lower weight after a day of loosing all body water and your intestines must be super clean now with no old food lying around in the gut. Always a positive … Lolol

(Steve ricci ) #15

I don’t respond that way, i drink about 2-3 oz a day but my friend had the same responce with too much.

(Emily S Coakley) #16

Um, yeah. I started using MCT oil powder (instead of coconut oil) when I had my own “event horizon.” I took in morning & really had no reaction for a few hours but then, I did. I made it to the toilet on time, thank God! Or did I? When I finished whatever I just did I stood up to wipe/flush & I saw - WTF?! I didn’t notice this before? OMG. I did that? Took a closer look and, yup - I did that. Maybe I made it half on time bc to my right behind me was quite the Pollock reproduction. Thank you, Jesus for the Windex by the vanity! Several wads of Windex/mess tp flushes later, I emerged. Changed. Shamed.

(Brian) #17

Well I can say I found this thread by Googling what Ive been going through all day today!
I dont even use a full tablespoon in my coffee. And I ate breakfast shortly after that … and within the hour it was Niagara Falls out my rear!
When I started to feel a little better I had a couple drops with my pre-work out drink … and here I am again … in the bathroom!

Does anyone know why this happens? and how to combat it?
To be honest I didnt read this entire thread

I lost some work time because of this stuff. I thought I had a virus.
The bottle now sits in my cabinet in case someone else ever wants it.

(Keto Victory) #19

I would recommend that the hapless MCT-coffee swigger temper his fuel with, say, 2500mg of a random generic Metformin…

(Candy Lind) #20

I’m thinking this just might be the answer to my regularity issues. Will have to test close to facilities at home before taking it on the road, though! LOL! :crazy_face:

(Nary L'ecuyer) #21

i had the same issue since i started taking MCT oil. i wasnt sure what was causing it at first but damn felt bad and upset stomach as well. i even put maybe half not even a teaspoon of it and already off the bathroom i go lol. im gonna try nd stop taking it for a few days and see what its like. not been doing normal pooping since than . have you stopped taking it and feeling better? fact that im taking it gives me energy :frowning: so now idk what to take

(Nary L'ecuyer) #22

having the same issue but sadly it does help with energy :frowning: now i gotta find a replacement . idont even put a full teaspoon either and bam already Niagara fall as well! try to stop taking it for a few days and see what happens, thats what im doing i only started taking MCT oil not even for a few days now. and ive noticed how it upsets my stomach too ;/

(Diane) #23

Also, try to take it with food, not on an empty stomach. It helps!

(Michelle Coffey) #24

Hope your poop shoot is better. :tired_face::poop::joy:

(Melinda Shaw) #25

Carbs are just no longer a problem!

I started my first bottle of MCT oil as part of my process to get off dairy while troubleshooting some autoimmune issues. I usually add heavy cream to my coffee and so my process was to replace one tablespoon of cream with one tablespoon of MCT oil and gradually increase it until all I’m adding to my coffee is MCT oil.
The first few days of the abrupt watery stools I thought it was me or an infection but then I noticed a pattern. For me, doing a mix of cream and MCT oil slightly mitigated these effects but going all MCT oil and no cream exacerbated them. Having since scoured the internet land, it seems to be a common problem for most people drinking MCT oil in their coffee because both MCT oil and coffee have a stomach peristalsis and colon relaxing effect on the body.
So if taking MCT oil is important maybe take it with food and/or spread it out through the day.
Personally, I will use coconut oil in my coffee for my dairy-free experiment since I did not have issues with it and also I didn’t experience any wondrous effects of MCT oil over coconut oil.

(Jolene Nicole) #27

I’ve read that if you take the powder it lessens it… sadly this is not the case for me.
I’ve also tried it with Food and nope same thing…
I will say it’s a temp discomfort and I don’t mind the feeling empty feeling lol!