A very motivated newbie

Hey everyone! My name is Clarence and I’m a 30yo French guy from Paris.
I started a diet and doing some workouts at the beginning of December 2018. I lost 10 kilos (22 pounds) in 2 months.
Recently I read about Keto and it has been a revelation. I decided to try it for multiple reasons: I want to take my weight loss to the next level,
I want to lose 20 kilos (44 lbs) in total, I want to feel more alive, less tired, I want my brain to feel good. But most of all, I want to take care of my body globally.
So I started one week ago and I feel great. All the positive effects I read about are true, even after only one week I can feel them.
I am using Carb Manager to track my macros, as I can lack discipline I find this tool very useful. I also discovered this forum very recently and I found a lot of useful infos, so thanks guys! :slight_smile:

Welcome Clarence - glad you found us :smile: Sounds like you’re off to a flying start!

Welcome Clarence!

You have a similar goal to what I had, I recently achieved my 20kg weight loss goal in about 4 months and am now on maintenance, and it seems you are well on the way as well.

Congrats!

(Bill Pratt) #4

Congratulations Clarence. This forum is great. I have gone down many rabbit holes in this forum. I love it. I have posted some questions and got great advice/suggestions/experience. And also was given a lot of hope in the beginning couple weeks. I had some struggles. Going on 7 weeks now and let me tell you brother… It gets awesome. I haven’t felt this good in 30 years. And I believe I am still at the beginning of this journey. So, welcome… Good to have you around. Keep us updated on your progress.

Thank you Safi for your warm welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks Chris! Wow 20 kilos in 4 months is awesome! Do you find it hard to stay in maintenance?

Thank you very much Bill! Yes I found many deep discussions on this forum already and a lot of very useful infos. I’ll keep you updated :slight_smile:
I’m happy you’re feeling awesome and yes, 7 weeks is a huge achievement, so congrats mate :slight_smile:

So far so good. Literally eating more or less to keep it in balance. Hasn’t been too hard so far.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

Soyez le bienvenu! I love Paris. Wish I had been able to visit it for more than a very few days. As I recall, French food makes eating keto very easy. . . . (sigh)

(Carl Keller) #8

Welcome Clarence.

You and I started keto with similar goals and I can tell you it works! I began in early September with the aim to lose 40 pounds and this morning the scale tells me I have lost 39 of the 40 pounds. :slight_smile:

But what means more to me than the weight loss is how drastically improved my quality of life is. Simply removing the inflammation caused by processed foods has made me a better person both physically and mentally. I’ve learned more about myself in the past five months than I did in all of my 49 years.

Keto isn’t just a weight loss diet… it is a journey of body and spirit.

Yes Welcome Clarence.

I’ve been hearing great things about the (traditional) French diet. All that butter and cheese but still one of the thinnest in Europe and indeed the world. In US, UK, Australia … we avoided butter and cheese and become the fattest … Keep away from McDonalds and Coke …

Congratulations @CarlKeller that’s fantastic. I was about to say it can be done but you not only beat me to it you actually did it.

That’s good to hear :slight_smile: I hope I’ll be able to keep it in balance too.

Merci mon ami ! Yes we eat a lot of fat and cheese and butter. So I think I’m lucky I can do the Keto diet maybe more easily than in other parts of the world. I love Paris too, I think I couldn’t live anywhere else.

Thanks Carl and congrats on your huge achievement! I find it very motivating to read about so many success stories :slight_smile:
I completely agree with you about the journey and that Keto is certainly a complete lifestyle. This is why I chose to do it, even if I was already losing weight before.

Thank you for your welcome Alex :slight_smile: yes like I said above, we eat a lot of fat and you’re right, we’re thin. I checked around me at my workplace, I’m in an open space, dozens of people and maybe one or two are really overweight.

Don’t hesitate to ask for good traditional keto-friendly French recipes, I’ll share with pleasure :smiley:

(Carl Keller) #11

Thanks Alex. Oddly, I’m happy but not super excited. I kind of feel the same as I would after having read the best novel or watched the best movie or even beaten the best video game of my life. There was so much discovery and intrigue along the way that I was in absolutely no hurry to reach my goal.

But certainly I will continue with the principles I have learned. My hunger will continue to be my trusty guide for maintenance and my greatest motivation will come from helping others.

Thank you Clarence. :slight_smile: I can say the same about reading success stories and I still get a little excited when I see someone like you beginning your journey… just thinking about all the little pleasant surprises you are soon to discover. :wink:

I checked my workplace and everyone is ballooning noticably. I’ve lost about 7kg, maybe only 2-3 to go but the rest need keto.

Thanks for the recipes, I may take you up on that. I’ve recently mastered bacon and eggs so I’m starting from a very low base. Well, “mastered” is an exaggeration, I can’t even make an omelet but I’m learning.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #13

“Every man has two cities: his own, and PARIS!” :grin:

I can’t wait Carl :smiley: I’m so excited about this new way of life.

No problem, whenever you want Alex :slight_smile:
Well, at least you know something. Everyone started with the basics. Keep up the good work and in no time you can be a French gourmet :smiley:

As a true Parisian, I consider my neighborhood my city (Pigalle) and then Paris as my second city. So yes, even I have two cities haha :grin:

Welcome! You’re in the same boat as many of us and hope you find your answers and support. Remember to enjoy the journey too. :slight_smile:

Thank you :grinning:

(Sandra Lachance) #17

Bienvenu! Je suis du Canada, presque 18 mois keto, 60 livres perdues. Je perd du poids lentement délibérément pour permettre à ma peau de suivre, car j’en ai beaucoup à perdre.

C’est la meilleure méthode pour perdre du poids que j’ai essayé (et croyez-moi, j’en ai essayé)! En bonus, notre santé globale s’en trouve grandement améliorée.

Je vous souhaite le meilleur succès!

(Tara Townsend) #18

Bienvenue