A POLL! VOTE! Guess Native Keto Man's new hbA1c!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

Hey guys! I’m writing this up to create a fun poll as our anticipation builds to hear Kevin’s (@NativeKetoMan) latest hbA1c. Kevin is a very important person in my life! To refer to him as my boyfriend seems an inadequate. He is my one great love. Okay enough mushy stuff!

A brief history:
Kevin was diagnosed T2DM 28+ years ago at the young age of 26 and immediately put on insulin. His highest hbA1c was 11.4. The T2DM progressed to stage 5 kidney failure nearly 4 years ago, and Kevin is now dependant on thrice weekly dialysis treatments in order to survive. He has been on a kidney transplant waiting list the entire time.
Kevin has been on exogenous insulin all these years, that is until September of 2017.
He managed to stop insulin injections after only 3 weeks ketogenic!
At day 81 of his ketogenic diet, he had labs done and had an hbA1c of 6.4. we were over the moon ! That really showed Kevin’s dedication .

It has been 3 months now of strict keto, no meds, and with the close supervision of IDM and his nephrologist, Kevin has also incoporated fasting. He does intermittent fasting during the week. Every other day for 22 hours. He’s done two extended fasts, a 36 hour and a 37 hour. Kevin has been fasting for the last 2 months now consistently. The lab took blood for an hbA1c a few days ago. We expect to hear any day now. We’re very excited. If we see a 5 this time, it will truly be a miracle. 6.4 is "prediabetic " range. Anything below 5.7 means no longer diabetic. The replacement of beta cells will finally outpace their loss!
We know we’ll see a 5 someday… but will it be soon? Will it be now? What do you think?
Richard Morris @richard did some math with Kevin’s numbers above, and calculated Kevin’s new hbA1c will be 5.6. I say 6.0, as does Kevin. Kevin’s doctor got in on it, and predicts 5.8.

We’re VERY excited. What’s your guess???

0 voters

Kevin's new A1c!
Vote now! polls close at 7 pm cst!
(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #2

I hope a lot of people get it on the voting… This is really a lot of fun for us.

5.5😊

(Mike Glasbrener) #4

5.7. Same as FB guess. It’s a good number and with your support and his determination it’ll only get better.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

@Patti2008 did you vote up top in the poll?? :slight_smile:

I did! :blush:

(Kevin M.) #7

POLLS CLOSING AT 7PM EST.:blush:
I have my results!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

Kevin’s hbA1c is…

Drum roll please…

(Darlene Horsley) #9

I’m dyin’ to know over here!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

He got his A1C in the fives! That makes us really happy and something that I wasn’t sure was going to happen so soon. Kevin’s definitely doing something right. LOL could it be keto and fasting? Haha :wink:

(Rick) #11

Great results!! Keep up the great healing!

(Darlene Horsley) #12

Just amazing and huge congrats from here!
Job well done…that’s for sure.

(Tammy Kidd) #13

Keto awesomeness!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #14

Outstanding, congratulations!

Great job! That is a great motivator during a fast when dried up moldy cheese is starting to look good!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #16

Lmao! I’ll never forget during my 10-day fast trying to feed the cat canned cat food. Damn if it didn’t smell good LOL

Heated up, a little sour cream and grated cheese on top…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #18

Ewwwwwwww
Where’s the vomit emoji? LOL

(Candy Lind) #19

Awesome Sauce! Way to go, Kevin!

(Denise G) #20

Congratulations! That’s amazing!