I have been looking for a post with a list of all the must have kitchen gadgets to look at what I may be missing. But I have not found one. I vaguely remember in an old podcast @carl giving a listing of gadgets, but I can’t for the life of me remember which it was.
So I will start! Here is a list of gadgets I find myself using ALL the time! In no particular order except the order I thought of them in! Most of these are Items I got after starting keto because it brought back my love for cooking.
Nothing here I would say is required, but all I have found useful in someway and worth getting.
- Immersion blender (Stick blender) - great for bullet proof coffee
- Food Processor - great for mixing and chopping and blending
- Cast Iron Skillets - Great for steaks!
- Chain mail cloth - makes maintenance of cast iron much easier
- A good sharp knife! Great for everything!
- A knife sharpener - Knife needs to stay sharp now
- Wide variety of measuring cups - I now have 3 sets to make it easy to just grab another tbs measurement without having to stop and wash up previously used one. I get in the zone!
- Food scale - so much easier to weigh some things
- Butter Dish - To have soft butter outside the fridge
- "Deluxe" Spice rack and spices - make everything taste good!
- Mandolin Slicer - makes some slicing so much easier
- Avocado Knife - don’t fall prey to avocado hand
- Sous Vide - great way to cook a variety of things where precision is desired
- Vacuum sealer - great for sous vide cooking (but not required) and storing leftovers
- Crock Pot - great way to cook low and slow and make the house smell amazing
- Instant Pot (pressure cooker) - uh oh forgot to start the crock pot, throw it in pressure cooker for fast cooking, makes great bone broth too
- Freezer! - A place to store leftovers!
- Waffle Maker - @Brenda’s pork rind waffles…need I say more?
- Good Oven with broiler - Broiler is a great way to cook a variety of things for the crispiness a lot of keto food lacks
- Spiralizer - Great way to make zoodles!
- Stand Mixer - Great for those recipes that need to whip up egg whites and other such things. Don’t need to stand there forever and can move on to other prep as they mix. Also some have tons of attachments that can be useful
- Splatter guard - Great for cooking bacon without splashing the delicious grease everywhere
- Deep fryer - embrace the fat!
- Ice cream maker - Make your own keto ice cream to curb that sweet tooth some cant get rid of (like my wife) tip: add a little vodka to prevent it from freezing rock hard, without sugar to act as anti-freeze it’ll become a brick
- Smoker - I don’t have one myself, but its next on my list. Make things smokey and delicious
Anything anyone have stuff to add? I’m always on the hunt for my next kitchen gadget, I mean piece of medical equipment…