A few Blood Keytone Questions

(Crystal Michelle) #1

Hi! So I am on day 36 of my keto woe, I didn’t eat bad before… just didn’t eat keto. Long story short the urine sticks started to not work anymore so I invested in a Keto Mojo because I have been doing everything right why was I getting a neg read on the urine sticks… So when the Mojo came in I was ecstatic, first day I tested around 2pm I was 1.1 - The next morning I was 0.3 and then after lunch I was 0.5

So here are my questions:

1. The higher the number the more the weightloss?
  2. If my numbers are low like 0.3 and 0.5 does that mean I need to “change” something? I am strict keto so I am not sure what I could change…
  3. Do I need to stop stressing about the numbers? - I think this stems from me comparing the " I lost 42lbs in 5 minutes post" hahaha to my welp I lost 12lbs this month…

(Rob) #2

I am not a ketone expert but from my reading

1. No - they don’t seem to correlate even if people put out charts saying they do
  2. Probably not - 0.5 is definitely nutritional ketosis, but 0.3 may be fine for you - you may just be very efficient at using ketones so they don’t stay in the blood for long
  3. I would stop stressing. Ketones are not the goal, they are the symptom of success. If you are losing weight or recomposing your body or just preventing chronic disease, those are the real goals.

KCKO!

(Chris W) #3

#1 ketones and weightloss are not linear or even equal.
#2 no you may just not be producing many
#3 yes simply put.
we are all n=1
You are seeing results, if you were not eating bad before you don’t have much to fix.

KCKO

(Ron) #4

Hi and Welcome.

No. This just means that you body is utilizing ketones from fat for fuel. That could just be dietary fat and not stored fat.

Don’t change anything, you are doing great. This just means that your body isn’t requiring much fuel (because you have been sleeping) so it doesn’t need high ketones to operate.

Yes if you are stressing about it, :wink: I still occasionally check just for varification once in awhile, no other reason.

And .03 is still in ketosis. I see that occasionally as well.
Keep up the good work :clap:

HAHA … Got beat to the punch!!!