8 weeks assessment of me

(Carrie) #1

Hi all
So I’m 8 weeks Keto tomorrow, and I thought I’d run it past you all to see if you think I can tweak things up a bit now.

In the first 2 weeks I lost 8lbs.
Since then the scales have gone up and down a bit, but I’m STILL at that same 8lbs figure. So 6 weeks no progress. My measurements haven’t changed either.

I THINK I’m fat adapted, I’ve been really strict with my macros apart from a slip up one Tuesday 2 weeks ago with some wine…

Do you think I can perhaps do a small fast now. This is what I’m considering:

I’m up early for the pup, so I’m in a bit of an early coffee and cream habit at that time in the morning, I’ve started adding virgin coconut oil to my early coffee too.
Then I eat something substantial at lunch.
But I am thinking of skipping dinner, fasting all the way through to my morning creamy coffee again.

So,
Breakfast, coffee, coconut and cream
Lunch, fatty and green leaves veg.

That’s it, apart from masses of water.
Do you think that might kick start some weight loss?
Maybe I’m not yet fat adapted?
Thank you :blush:

(Carrie) #2

Oh and I’ve also started adding Raw Apple Cyder Vinegar to hot water to help with bowels, but would this not be allowed on a fast ?

(Carl Keller) #3

There’s nothing wrong with trying to see how your hunger responds to this. I just wouldn’t push it too far if your body is telling you to eat.

Perfectly fine. Anything that doesn’t spike your BG or insulin keeps you in a fasted state. Even small amounts of cream in your coffee are permitted if you are listening to the advice of Dr. Jason Fung.

(Carrie) #4

Thank you very helpful

I’m going to see how it goes this evening not eating, just some hot vinegar water.

Thank you

(Carrie) #5

That worked fine, I stopped my big lunch at 1pm, then nothing until my coconut coffee this morning, not hungry at all.
Thanks for your advice