72h done, and now it will be semimonthly!

(Ethan) #1

I finished my first 72h fast on Saturday. It really went smoothly. The worst issue was Friday night, when I had a lot of stomach pains–I wonder what caused that. Saturday it was totally resolved, and I could have gone another several days, but I ended the fast with a very big, fat, bang:

2 large veal liver kebabs
1 large lamb kebaba
beef tongue with horseradish and butter

I have a week off and a new fast starting Sunday evening.

(Jim Russell) #2

There is a large group of us who do an extended fast on the 3rd weekend of every month. It’s pretty cool to have a big group of people cheering eachother on.

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/fast/zornfast

(Ethan) #3

I’ve seen that thread. I wasn’t sure how the schedule went. I’d love to join, but I a not sure I can schedule fasting always on the 3rd weekend. It’s much easier for me to fast during the week than the weekend, but I’ll participate when I can. How long are the Zorn fasts?

(Jim Russell) #4

Don’t worry, it’s really flexible. Fast when it works for you. Some people start early, some people start late. The fast is scheduled for 4 days, but you do what feels right for you. Some only make it 24 hours, some go 7 days or more.

(Doug) #5

Ethan, if you would start on Monday, August 21, for example, there will be people fasting into later that week. Let’s do it.

(Ethan) #6

I could give that a go starting Monday night through Thursday night… it’ll be a tough work wee with a major audit