7 days into 30'ish day Extended Fast

fasting

Hahaha, thanks - I curbed it back a bit because well… you know. Don’t want to scare the masses.

I :heart: :bacon:

(Jessica) #9

Anyone who embarks on a big endeavor on a Wednesday in the middle of the month is awesome to me. :+1:

Or crazy. I’ll take both.

Actually, I’m in between contracts and taking some time during the holidays, so no time like the present to bust through this. I rarely have time like this… but I’m looking at it as cocooning through the winter so that when summer arrives so will my hot to trot bikini clad bod.

I’m going to bring all the boys to my yard :wink:

But of course - we were all new once. And quite honestly, you can do anything that you set your mind to.

Research, read, and apply. Laugh a lot. Mostly at yourself. You can do it :slight_smile:

(Stacy ) #12

Thanks girl

(VLC.MD) #13

That is one great plan.
Have you ever fasted before ? What is your record ?

I dont think exercise should be too much of a priority if you plan on an Extended Fast. Light non stressful exercise should be the priority I would think. Fasting is a mental game, not an exercise game. Calmness will keep you going, exercise might make you hungry. YMMV. Exercise might be perfect for you. Decide yourself.

The fat loss monitor, withings scale and fit bit should be fun.

Electrolytes … ie Ketoaide or some other recipe are often good ideas. The longer fast you have planned the more it is important.

Yes - 15 days +/- hours

I’m not exercising really, not what I consider to be exercise. I’m tracking steps because I’m a scientist of sorts so I love data. Just seeing if there are any personal trends I notice. The kettlebells at 10 a pop is not overdoing it at all for me at least. Again, nerdy, but I love data and trends ohmy!

Have I mentioned data? And funny ironic thing, went to step on my scale (as I’m building the ol’spreadsheet, and it’s toast. Of all days - but great excuse to get the new one (had the other withings for almost 8 years so it’s time). An early holiday gift for moi! Some people love the scale, some loathe it. I love data.

Yes, couldn’t agree more - I learned the value of electrolytes when I started Keto - talk about hardcore ickies. Once I got those balanced out, game on!

(Dawn Comber) #15

Hey Sassa,

You sound completely ready for this challenge. Rootin’ you on. I plan on a fast in the new year (and I’m contemplating the next ZornFast (December 20-23) . I’ll be coming back to this thread to watch you rock. You go girl!

(VLC.MD) #16

I wonder if airtable would work for you.

EDIT
or http://app.rawgraphs.io/ (you can upload excel files).

EDIT
or https://www.tableau.com/

(Marie Dantoni) #17

You are totally amazing. In one post you have inspired me to unleash my inner keto fasting godess…love that list too !

I’ve used airtable, which I find clunky for little things like I’m doing. Tableau is awesome too… but RAW? I think I love you :heart:

Us goddesseseses have to stick together! You can do this!!

(Doug) #20

Welcome, Sassa! :slightly_smiling_face: That was a great blasting apocalyptic compression summary stream-of-consciousness introduction you gave us.

Your journey is a good one. More power to you!

I’m 39 hours into my attempted 30 day EF -

Stats:
46 yo female
5’8
Pre-menopause (this should be fun)
Keto for approximately 6 months (3 lazy, 3 hardcore)
As stated earlier, I frequently IF, with the longest EF being 15 days, in July…

Spaces that are blank for today, are filled in tomorrow at the time I enter the information - so I guess you could say I am tracking a day and a half. My scale actually bit the dust (prophetic? I digress) yesterday, so I got a new one as an early present to myself, and as soon as it comes in, I’ll start tracking those items currently marked as 0.

As for supplements, as I’m sure the question will be asked, I use the following (all in bulk from the ever powerful Amazon):
Potassium Citrate
Magnesium Glycinate
Himalayan Pink Salt

I have a scale that will measure in mgs, so I pre-measure the base amount suggested by the Keto Gawds, and tweak from there. I needed a quick fix yesterday so gulped some pickle juice. Some call this cheating, I call it a win if I don’t put food in my mouth.

The cold is going to make this interesting. I walked around the house with a hat and scarf, and my every faithful fuzzy socks. I pulled out the long johns this morning for when I walked the pup.

Time is passing nicely since I’m basically off for the holidays, I am doing a lot of honey-do list things around the house. Take for example, I’m laying a new floor in the basement, jazzed up stair risers, and I think today I might start staining these godforsaken worn honey oak banisters. I am viciously cleaning out the clutter in a number of ways.

Pinterest and I are going to be BFFs before this is all over.

I’m making Mississippi Pot Roast in the crockpot for the kidlet so it will be a quick dinner. When I fast, I try to cook a bunch at once so I don’t have to handle food as much (specifically in the beginning). It is a challenge at times with just the two of us as my daughter has keen observation skills when I’m not slurping up the grub with her.

I have to “people” tonight for the fruit of my loins Holiday Chorus performance - I tend to be snarky (more so than usual) in the beginning of an EF, but I’m going to try my hardest to be civil and steer clear of the PTA moms.

Sass

I am so in awe of this endeavor…you are inspiring me to try an extended fast soon.

Will be following your progress and cheering you on.

I’m 64 hours in and the cold is really twerking my bod. This is the first fast I’ve done when it’s winter, so it’s definitely pushing some of my buttons. Thankfully, I have an electric kettle that’s proving to be worth its weight in gold, as is my electric blanket.

I pushed the liquids yesterday in preparation for what I like to fondly refer to as Day 3. The third and fourth day for me on the fasts that have gone past these markers are the hardest (as with most), so through previous EFs, I’ve learned that the more liquid I drink up to that point, the easier it is. It’s proving to be true as I woke up this morning groggy free and raring to go. I will more than likely push them harder today - keep in mind I do up the electrolytes. I’ve not been a Ketoaide fan, just cause, but I am looking for a recipe I can keep up with and actually want to do. I also add ACV day 3.

I’ve never tracked glucose and ketones outside of lab tests, which is odd considering my love of data, but I’m toying with the idea of doing so with my attempted 30 day EF. Santa knows how good I’ve been this year barring that one date in September.

Speaking of dating, much less the holidays - this is where I must be Copperfield like in working my magic. I drank ONCE on a 7 day fast and never again will I do something so idiotic. I’m Sicilian, so my tolerance is enviable, but while fasting? I’m really impressed I didn’t end up naked, on the bar singing Wrecking Ball. There’s still time.

On that note, I finished jazzing my stair risers - for the DIYrs, I used vinyl heavy duty contact paper. The kidlet and pup were wrecking havoc on the risers and momma was not happy. Hopefully it holds up. This was very cheap to do. And see those banisters? I’m about to java gel stain the hell out of those.

So, my sense of humor is intact, I’m feeling great and staying busy.

Sass

ooops - stats

(Doug) #25

Nice stairs, Sassa. High ceilings?

Yes in the main room - complete waste of space if you ask me :slight_smile:

(VLC.MD) #27

Cool to see it go down.