7 day fast

Completed day 3 fast! Last night went out with friends, as described above, and had Pellegrino mineral water and espresso…got home past midnight. This morning, had two espressos. Later in the day, earl grey tea and water. No sugar, sweeteners, cream, nothing.

Sleep = good, didn’t wake up hungry this time.
Hunger = nope, none at all
Energy level = pretty good
Mood = upbeat
Delta weight since day 0 = 4.6 lbs lost

Congrats Fiorella! You killed it!

Thanks, @scatter! You are a greater motivator!!

Here’s one strategy that works for me, helps me with fasting compliance. Drinking very high quality coffee, and I make it myself with good old fashion espresso maker from Italy. When the coffee is delicious…I can drink it straight, no cream, no sweetener. Perfect for fasting.

My espresso this morning:

No matter how hard I try, I just cannot do black coffee. I drink tea that way, so I just drink that while I fast. But I miss my BPC!

@Scatter, hang in there! Your BPC is only a few days away!

I love my tea black, too. Mmmmmm. Earl grey…

day 4 complete! Water, coffee, tea…no cream, no sweetener.

Sleep = good sleep
Hunger = slight feelings of hunger creep up, after drinking something, it goes away
Energy level = ok
Mood = upbeat
Delta weight since day 0 = 8.6 lbs loss (I’m pretty surprised by this)

First extended fast

So close to finish line :slight_smile: day 5 complete! Water, coffee, …no cream, no sweetener.

Sleep = woke up in middle of night…but not because fast, I’m deal in with a personal stressful situation
Hunger = no hunger…much better than yesterday
Energy level = ok
Mood = upbeat…when I’m not thinking of a personal stressful situation
Delta weight since day 0 = 10.4 lbs loss (I’m really surprised by this…I didn’t lose this much on first days of my 33 day fast, and I’ve done 7 day fasts before…never have I lost this much!! What is going on???)

Wow…only one more day to go!!! Day 6 done. Water, coffee, tea…no sweetener, no cream.

Sleep = sleeping ok, still stress issues I’m dealing with that wakes me in the night
Hunger = what is that thing they call food? Apparently, people put it in their mouth, chew and swallow. (No hunger!)
Energy level = ok
Mood = upbeat…when I’m not thinking of a personal stressful situation
Delta weight since day 0 = 12.8 lbs loss (like what the heck! I’m dropping pounds like it’s nobody’s business! I need to figure out what is going on here. It will be interesting to see what happens after the refeed).

7 day fast done! Woohoo!!!

Sleep = good deep sleep last night
Hunger = no hunger at all, I feel like I can fast longer
Energy level = very good, late night yesterday, I went to a coffee shop with friends, walked for a long time to get there in the freaking cold wearing a parka, no energy problems at all
Mood = upbeat
Delta weight since day 0 = 12.8 lbs loss (no change from yesterday)

And now I shall embark on my 32-day ZC variable protein test

You killed it Fi!

Yes, thank you, Scatter!

What is this protein test thingy Fi?

@Scatter, I’m recording the progress of the ZC protein test here:

32 day ZC variable protein test

Basically, I am eating a ZC (zero carb) test protocol, and dedicating 4 days to each protein, in order to see which ones I may be sensitive to. I’m starting with beef, then pork, then fish and so on.

The idea here is to determine:

1. can I adapt to a zero carb WOE?
  2. do I have any sensitivity to a particular protein, which should I limit or avoid in ZC WOE? Like eggs, cheese, etc.

I’m recording daily progress and sharing my results in the link above.

(Justin Hayes) #23

What happened after the refeed? Sounds like you dropped the 12.8 lbs over the 7 days, just curious what happened after!

Right after the 7 day fast, I did a 32 day ZC diet. I only gained 0.4 lbs pounds back. I tracked my progress everyday in this string, which shows how my refeed went in great detail:

(Stephanie Hanson) #25

It also looks like there was a progressive increase for all but lamb, egg & cheese. Very interesting

(Angelina ) #26

if you put your black coffee in the blender it will create a creamy texture - have you ever tried that?

(Daniel) #27

Im traveling to Atlanta this weekend, so I’m doing a fast. Going Saturday to Friday! my first 7 Day fast.

(kate) #28

wow this sounds like a great idea…am very interested to see your results! I may try this myself