7 Day Fast = swollen/ puffy ankles

(Bowden) #1

Anyone had this???
My ankles were always the skinny part of my body.
Can anyone explain it?
Thanks

(Jeanne Wagner) #2

I don’t know but I have the same issue… but my ankles had been puffy for a couple years. Seems like a good night’s sleep would bring them down, then through the day would get puffy again. After starting Keto they started going down to the point of near normalcy. Then I went on a fast and had a lot of salt because I thought we need a lot of salt during fasting and my feet and ankles blew up. Super puffy and painful. I quit taking salt for 2 days and they are almost normal again. Maybe it’s your salt intake?

(Bowden) #3

Yeah could be… thought i was having enough. 4 days is my limit these days(7 is not for me), and my puff dosent return

(john) #4

most likely you are potassium deficient. potassium balances salt. when there is a potassium deficiency the body wholes on to the salt. you need 4700mg - 7000mg of potassium a day. go to you-tube and search ( dr. berg potassium ) and take a look. if you are really low on potassium you will even get heart palpitations also.

(Allie) #5

Salt and potassium have to be in balance. Without enough potassium, salt will cause fluid retention.