5 ingredient bagels - Keto Kids Recipe

(Khara) #21

Mine too were a tad flat. I figured it might just be slight differences in size of eggs and moisture content of the mozzarella. I’m also wondering if my baking powder is old. I just looked it up and read that to test the effectiveness you can mix 1 teaspoon baking powder with 1/2 cup hot water and it should bubble immediately and should also be replaced at least yearly. I haven’t tested mine yet. The baking powder is in the kitchen and I’m on the couch. :expressionless:
But, other than shape, these turned out great! They’d be fun with some different spice variations mixed in. Thanks for the pictures @jwwleonard. They helped me with the mixing. I made sure to mix “very well and long until dough-ish”. :+1:t3:

(Mike W.) #22

Also makes a great deep dish pizza crust.

(Duncan Kerridge) #23

Tried these today, not bad at all! Could probably do with some salt added to the recipe.

(Edith) #24

Oh, no! That would make them 6 ingredient bagels! Now you’re getting too fancy. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Duncan Kerridge) #25

6 is better than 5 right? :grinning:

(Jason Leonard) #26

Wow!

(September) #27

Made these for the kids, and they loved them! I am fasting, so I was hoping to save one to freeze but no dice. Little piggies devoured them!

(Bob M) #28

I’ll make these when I can and weigh everything except the eggs (I’ll use “large” eggs). Why does no one weigh their ingredients, particularly for baking?