45 days in, fell off the wagon :(

(Justin) #1

44 yr old male
SW 211
CW 189
GW 157
I started Keto on Dec 19 and 45 days later (this past weekend) I fell off the wagon. I’ve been discouraged because of a 3 week stall and my birthday was this weekend and someone brought me chocolate cupcakes. There went Saturday. On Sunday I was craving a pizza so I ordered one. I was so looking forward to being fat adapted so that I could start IF (18:6) and now I’ve been kicked out of ketosis. I’m back on Keto today but how far back have I set myself?

(Alex ) #2

I find it’s a like for like time repayment - if I have a week off keto, it takes me usually at least a week to get back in the zone, minimum. I guess there’s no hard fast rule, other than the longer you’ve been off, the longer it will probably take to get back, it depends how adapted you were.

Hit the gym and drain as much glycogen as you can, drink lots of water and make sure your choices are 100% and I’m sure you will be ok in a few days if you stick with it.

A lot of guys on here will tell you that it normally takes a good couple of months to become fat adapted anyway, so it’s not like you’ve undone a year’s worth of effort!

(Carl Keller) #3

It could be hours or days… it depends on how motivated you are to catch up to the wagon and jump back on and of course, how your body reacts. Just keep eating the right things and don’t stress yourself out over it.

(Laurie) #4

Happy birthday! Get back on the wagon, and don’t worry about it. Good luck to you.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Welcome, and as the others have posted, just get back up on the horse and keep riding.

(Jennibc) #6

No way of knowing, because every BODY is different. I have found when I go on vacation and eat off plan, and gain 4 to 5 pounds, it takes about a week to lose those 4-5 pounds and then I start losing again so really about two and half weeks. But what is done is done, so don’t beat yourself up and keep on going. I mean it was your birthday! If ever there was a time to take a break from your eating plan, that was it. Now back on track!

(Melora) #7

Keep calm and keto on!

(Scott) #8

I am sorry but you have used up all of your keto attempts and your body is now producing it’s own carbs to fuel fat now. Your only hope is to purchase fat burning pills online but if you experience too much fat burning please only take one pill every other day.

Bah, it is a setback but you need to keep your goals in mind before you go off the reservation next time. You have time so just get back on plan and keto on.

(Justin) #9

I forgot I posted this. I kept calm and ketoed on…the scale is moving like crazy now. Good times! Keto + IF 18:6 = happy me.