36 yo female, breastfeeding, want to start carnivore

newbies
help
breastfeeding

(Robin) #21

Carbs nd sugar are what causes cravings. So the best way to beat cravings is to cut your carbs. Under 20g a day is a good rule of thumb while starting.

I have no idea about keto and breastfeeding!
Will be anxious to read any feedback on that.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

You can do keto while breastfeeding, absolutely!

So . . . is there something you’re trying to tell us, Robin? :grin::grin::grin::grin:

(KCKO, KCFO) #23

Paul covered everything very well, as usual.

I just want to add that you will need to eat slightly more for good milk production, you are still eating for two basically. Megan and Dr. Fung have mentioned this and you might want to search for some of Mikhaila Peterson on youtube, she had a baby and breastfeed without any issues. She had been sick since early childhood and carnivore turned her life around.

(Rossi Luo) #24

I think you’d better get back to keto first, and you can transit to a carnivore naturally as you are a meat lover, that would be quite easy for you!

(Kiwi ) #25

Thanks for your input :blush:. Going keto first would definitely be easier, and I’ve started to transition to keto already. My husband just looks inquisitively at my food choices :joy:.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #26

Steak and eggs, steak and salad, steak and bacon . . . he’s probably hoping you’ll be willing to share, lol!