3 weeks 😊

Three weeks in. Can’t celebrate or bemoan weight as I deliberately didn’t measure or weigh when I started (I get hung up on statistics too easily).

However, carb cravings are gone. In smaller jeans AND needing a belt, smaller PJs and hubby can tell I’m changing shape.

Still sleeping a lot and even simple things like climbing stairs make my calves ache.

So far, so good :grin::grin::grin:

(Consensus is Politics) #2

Salt. Add salt. Triple your normal salt intake. Your muscles will thank you.

Being in a low insulin state allows your kidneys to let salt filter out. In my opinion this is the cause of “keto flu”, or the wall we run into early on. Our electrolytes need to be augmented a bit.

I’ve been quite liberal with salt on my food, I thought. However, planned to play golf today so have made up a drink containing a teaspoon of Lo-Salt and a teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt to sip through the day. Unfortunately the weather is awful, still waiting for the rain to stop before we can even tee off.

(Consensus is Politics) #4

Be careful with the “low-salt” or “no-salt”. The one I have is potassium. Its very easy to get enough for the day in food. Supplementing it could easily put you over. I dont know what the toxicity level is, but I’m sure its easily attained while supplementing. You would have to go to extremes to get too much sodium, but it can be done without really trying with potassium. Be aware, and keep an eye on it. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Consensus is Politics) #5

Search this site for “ketoade”. A very good electrolyzing drink you can make at home. Tastes good too! :sunglasses:

(Carl Keller) #6

I predict your stair climbing will get easier within a month. It’s normal to struggle with exercise as your body transitions from burning carbs to fat. You’re doing great Chezza. :slight_smile:

Thanks Carl. I’m pleasantly surprised how easy it is and very grateful to be free of hunger.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8

I think this might be too much lite salt for a day, I believe it’s double the recommended amount of potassium from lite salt and could be dangerous.

:cowboy_hat_face:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #9

It really helped when I started drinking more water. More water than I thought a person really needs but since we don’t retain fluids like we do when we eat carbs, I’ve learned that I feel my best when I stay super hydrated (along with plenty of salt).

I’ve already checked this and it’s well within range. We may have different products in the UK. I’m also a nurse so am ultra careful with products like this. Have to admit, definitely felt better yesterday for taking it too :blush:.

Hey @Chezza, great progress for such a short time.

Sounds like you’re doing great, and I’m wishing you continued success!

(hottie turned hag) #12

Ha! Me! :grin:

I didn’t weigh until several months in.

Good going, Chezza :green_heart:

(Michele W) #13

Keep up the good work! I am 2 months in as of today, and I am still wearing the same jeans but they “fit better”. It took an entire month for me to see/notice myself any weight loss whatsoever. Your results so far are awesome! As for me, I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong (and get around the metabolism I destroyed with the HCG and other terrible diets). I didn’t weigh or measure myself either, but I wish I did at this point. Keep getting your solid sleep, and walk every day if you can. :slight_smile:

I’m generally getting about 8-10k steps a day.

What makes you think you’re doing anything wrong? I’m sticking strictly to the less than 20g carbs and pretty much letting protein and fat sort themselves out.

On last night’s night shift I’d taken a cut up ribeye steak to eat in the early hours. Didn’t make it past 10pm, I was just so very hungry. Then had some bone broth around 4am. Cooked eggs & ham when I got home but couldn’t eat it (lucky dog). Planning to go and play golf so just ate some prawns fried in butter. Really struggled to eat that too - my dog loves me at the moment :joy:.

It’s so good to be free of relentless hunger. Just need to trust my appetite now. Easier said than done when CICO theory is what I grew up believing from the age of 10-12 years old when I started my first diet.

Of course I want/need to lose around 5 stones, I am planning to do this for life, even when the weight loss stallls, as I’m sure it will.

I’m reading on this forum every day and learning as I go.

Hope you continue to shrink and feel better too x