3 weeks and so it goes

Somehow this forum has become some sort of bible for me, so I would like to tell my experience so far, and will happily take any advises from more experienced people!

So I have tried keto a few times before but not really took it serious. After a year and a half as an entrepreneur I came back to an office and noticed that I didn’t fit anymore in my suits, so well… I’m taking it serious now haha.

This is my third week doing 16/8 fasting, and eating keto. It has not been hard but for social events where carbs abound, but still manage to eat as few carbs as possible (the last time I managed to eat only chicken and peanuts despite everyone putting delicious non keto friendly food in front of me).

My job is a typical office job; not so much physical activity, but I move around in my bike and ride at least 50 minutes every day going to work and back home (the return as an upward slope so i actually get to sweat).

Starting this week I decided to put more effort on, and count my macros, calories burned, calories intake, I bought keto strips and i’m looking forward to keep on a 16/8 IF, but doing a 20/4 for 2 days a week. These are my discoveries:

• on OMAD it is very hard to eat more than 1000kcal in one sitting. This means a pretty huge calories deficit. Not sure if this is so healthy though.
  • as I ride my bike I feel my quads much more soared than eating twice a day.
  • by eating twice a day it is very easy to get to the 20g carbs limit, and just eating keto friendly veggies, I’ll focus more on carnivore foods.
  • not sure if keto strips work, after some research in this forum, seems like they are not so good.
  • on OMAD i get really really thirsty, yesterday drank like 4lts of water + some cups of mate and coffee.
  • so far the scale shows only 300grs less, but i feel better and i think i’m thinner, but might just be psychological.

I hope this thread bluids up some discussion and help other keto rookies!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #2

This is why it’s advised by some not to do OMAD all the time.

I do it at least once a week and have the same issue. But I feel like I need to do it as a bridge to extended fasting. I won’t do more than 2 times a week because of this and never back to back.