3 Day fast - question on fat supplementation with lower bf %

(Adam) #1

Hi all,

I’ve been scouring the forums and have found some solid advice, but I wanted to run my plan past you smart ketoers.

I currently weigh 174lbs, am 5’11" (if my wife asks I’m 6’). My lean body mass is around 150-155 so let’s say I have 25 lbs of body fat. Knowing the approx 30kcals/ lb fat cap per day I can fuel approx 750 kcals/naturally.

I’ve been doing IF for overall year, but am learning about the fast/feast cycle and am starting to do 24 hr fasts with great results.

My question - I want to do a 3 day fast for the first time but am confused if I truly need to supplement fat. Based on Richards calculator for fat supplementation I could use up to around 160g of supplemented fat to keep my metabolism up, but I’d like to try a much lower level for effective autophagy.

So, to avoid metabolism hits I was thinking of about 500kcal fat supplementation in the form of a bullet proof coffee per day for all 3 days.

This sound smart to everyone? Or should I just go no fat supplementation and see how it goes?

Thanks for the tips!

-Adam

(TJ Borden) #2

For a 3 day fast, you’re probably fine. It takes about that long for the metabolism to adjust anyway. It’s after the 3-4 day mark that your metabolism would start to slow based on the available stored calories to burn and the lack of calories coming in.

(Adam) #3

Ok, great thanks Baytowvin. I’m working my way through Dr. Fung’s books but I wanted to check in. Appreciate the help :fist_right: