3/6/2017 Continuing Steak Challenge Thread

challenge
steak

(Meeping up the Science!) #14

I will probably severely limit dairy again. I am very sensitive to it, so it seems. I am not sure whether I will eat plants or not after. I try to minimize those too, however I do have food addiction issues, so sometimes I make mistakes. I will likely continue to strive to not eat as many, for sure.

Surprised at the inches lost very much so. No complaints here on that front :stuck_out_tongue:

(dawn.hakala) #15

so just got done with my lunch hourā€¦ decided to go balls to the walls with steakā€¦ between a ribeye & a NY strip I had 15oz steak & 3 pieces of pork bellyā€¦ thatā€™s a lot of meatā€¦ now, I have my strength class tonight and Iā€™m usually hungry afterā€¦ fingers crossed Iā€™m not :slight_smile: I will say, Iā€™m lovinā€™ the Ribeyes tho!!!

(Michelle) #16

So, this is where the Zorn steak challenge continues?? I am glued to this, so I have to bookmark so I donā€™t lose the conversation. :smile:

A new place called BlackRock just opened near me. You basically cook the meat yourself on a lava rock, so you chose when itā€™s done.

http://www.blackrockrestaurants.com/

Strange though, I usually go to places so I donā€™t have to cook. :wink:

Just wait, one day they will make you wash the dishes

(Meeping up the Science!) #19

I switched my steak challenge here because my original topic has too many replies and takes forever to load even with 32 gigs of ram and fast internet :stuck_out_tongue:

I had one sirloin tip steak and will have a second later. Cooked in tallow that came with the sirloin - the butcher packed it with the steaks for me. Tomorrow is a ribeye and perhaps a chuck steak (not roast).

Not weighing again until Friday. Inflammation seems low, and swelling is non-existent.

And hey, if youā€™re interested, Brendaā€™s journaling all her foods with weights here:

Day 8 - I think tonight, @Brenda will be very pissed off with me and petition to kick me off the island. I ate beef carpaccioā€¦yeah, thatā€™s right. Not ZC. Fuck it. I wanted beef carpaccio, I ate beef carpaccio. But, more importantly, this month long beef thing has pulled me away from photo documenting keto recipes, which I LOVE to do. I was going to eat a ZC version of carpaccioā€¦but then I just said fuck it, Iā€™m goin all in!!!

I also ate leftovers from yesterday (about 1/3 of the heart and chuck steak I fried yesterday).

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #21

@Fiorella

YOUā€™RE OUT

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #22

ā€¦now go post your recipes like you really want toā€¦

Actuallyā€¦the beef testing month will continue. Iā€™ve been gaining weight, every day, sticking to just eating beef. And I know its real weightā€¦like my pants are tighter, and arms feel ā€œpoofierā€.

Iā€™ve seen this before in a previous month long ZC test, with other proteins. Iā€™d lose weight when I switch protein, but then start gaining again. Like this graph:

I donā€™t take any nutritional supplements. No pills, no powders, nothingā€¦just food. Thatā€™s it. If I donā€™t get nutrition from the certain food Iā€™m eating, tough.

So, what Iā€™m going to do going forward is test what will happen when I add complimentary nutrition, to the beef, that the beef may not give me in sufficient quantity. I want to see if my weight will go up or down after adding supplementation.

For example, what happens when I take vitamin pills? Iā€™d like to see that.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #24

NEW CHALLENGE
SHEā€™S STARTING A NEW CHALLENGE

CALL THE 3O DAY STEAK CHALLENGE POLICE

Holy cow thatā€™s funny.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #26

Holy ā€œcowā€.
I see what you did there.
O_O

Hay, I knowā€¦my humour is offal.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #28

But seriously. This is a 30 day steak only challenge. And coffee. No spices, no other foods.
You could start your own ā€œFiorella what I need to add to beef to feel ok for 30 daysā€ challenge in a new thread (topic).
Less confusing for followers of the beef steak only deal.

(Cathie Condon) #29

Laugh of the day - this report issued today with red meat the #10 ā€œbad for youā€ list: https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/bacon-soda-too-few-nuts-tied-big-portion-170115771.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_16

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #30

The list makers can take their list and shove it up their collective arses.
I AM HEALTHY AS FUCK

(Bob Weiman) #31

So after a week Iā€™m down at the bottom of my stable range instead of the top end where I had been for a few weeks prior to the start. So about 8 lbs lower. And on the verge of being lighter than Iā€™ve been since 2011.

Also craving heavier exercise like pull-ups, etc.

A little late, but Iā€™m trying to start the challenge today. I just ate almost a pound of steak for brunch.

(AnnaLeeThal) #33

Iā€™m starting this as soon as possible. Iā€™m so mad that I got sick the day I was going to start. I think Iā€™ll throw a ribeye in the sous vide tonight so itā€™s ready to eat tomorrow. Hoping my insides will tolerate some solids by then.

@Brenda I have been loving all your Steak pics! I wouldnā€™t have thought to get beef shank!