3/6/2017 Continuing Steak Challenge Thread

challenge
steak

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #21

@Fiorella

YOU’RE OUT

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #22

…now go post your recipes like you really want to…

Actually…the beef testing month will continue. I’ve been gaining weight, every day, sticking to just eating beef. And I know its real weight…like my pants are tighter, and arms feel “poofier”.

I’ve seen this before in a previous month long ZC test, with other proteins. I’d lose weight when I switch protein, but then start gaining again. Like this graph:

I don’t take any nutritional supplements. No pills, no powders, nothing…just food. That’s it. If I don’t get nutrition from the certain food I’m eating, tough.

So, what I’m going to do going forward is test what will happen when I add complimentary nutrition, to the beef, that the beef may not give me in sufficient quantity. I want to see if my weight will go up or down after adding supplementation.

For example, what happens when I take vitamin pills? I’d like to see that.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #24

NEW CHALLENGE
SHE’S STARTING A NEW CHALLENGE

CALL THE 3O DAY STEAK CHALLENGE POLICE

Holy cow that’s funny.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #26

Holy “cow”.
I see what you did there.
O_O

Hay, I know…my humour is offal.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #28

But seriously. This is a 30 day steak only challenge. And coffee. No spices, no other foods.
You could start your own “Fiorella what I need to add to beef to feel ok for 30 days” challenge in a new thread (topic).
Less confusing for followers of the beef steak only deal.

(Cathie Condon) #29

Laugh of the day - this report issued today with red meat the #10 “bad for you” list: https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/bacon-soda-too-few-nuts-tied-big-portion-170115771.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_16

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #30

The list makers can take their list and shove it up their collective arses.
I AM HEALTHY AS FUCK

(Bob Weiman) #31

So after a week I’m down at the bottom of my stable range instead of the top end where I had been for a few weeks prior to the start. So about 8 lbs lower. And on the verge of being lighter than I’ve been since 2011.

Also craving heavier exercise like pull-ups, etc.

A little late, but I’m trying to start the challenge today. I just ate almost a pound of steak for brunch.

(AnnaLeeThal) #33

I’m starting this as soon as possible. I’m so mad that I got sick the day I was going to start. I think I’ll throw a ribeye in the sous vide tonight so it’s ready to eat tomorrow. Hoping my insides will tolerate some solids by then.

@Brenda I have been loving all your Steak pics! I wouldn’t have thought to get beef shank!

(dawn.hakala) #34

so today for lunch was a total of 18.9oz of steak! after yesterday’s lunch (just under a pound) I woke up 2.3# lighter :slight_smile: pre lunch today, my BG was down to 85 and I was SO FRIGGEN hungry!!! So I ate and if today goes like yesterday, I wont need to eat again tonight. excited to see what tomorrow brings…
never thought I enjoy a food challenge this much!! also never knew how much I liked ribeye!! lol

Ok, I might have to do a month of steak. This stall is pissing me off.

Got a bunch of chuck roast which will finish 3 days of cooking for dinner tonight. Mmm…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #36

Me either, but when researching cuts of beef, several sites called it a beef shank STEAK, so it was fair game. Lol

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #37

Felt hungry when I woke up and ate 4 oz of previously roasted beef shank steak at 9 am.

At 1030 am was sorry when lifting at the gym. I usually lift fasted 14-18 hours.
I won’t eat before the gym again. Just does not work for me. My stomach felt acidy. Lots of water helped eventually.

I did end up eating 12 ounces of prime raw sirloin while I grocery shopped at 230 today. It tasted sweet and wonderful. I had the butcher cut it into bite size pieces for me. He used to live in Alaska (me too). He does not find eating raw meat unusual at all, it is common with the natives there. We had a long discussion about tri tip roasts and brisket that comes in with a thick fat cap. He’s gonna hook me up!

I have a 12 oz grassfed ribeye waiting at home for me. I’m gonna grill it in this cold Minnesota sunshine.

(Meeping up the Science!) #38

Eating when I get home - 16 oz ribeye in two meals? Maybe 3 meals. We will see. Might have some for breakfast tomorrow.

Liquids: 40oz coffee, 60oz water.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #39

Day 9.
Grassfed ribeye. Grilled.
It was 8 ounces.
Crispy browned salted warm fat…

Rare rare rare

(Meeping up the Science!) #40

I’m not sure phones are keto…

:wink: