23:1 - Is my theory wrong or right

(Allen Jaffe) #1

First Post :slight_smile:

If you are on a 23:1 KETO plan and in deep ketosis , in theory your body is tapping into fat for energy (I have reserves at 30 % BF) My 23:1 is a clean fast with only water or black coffee.

When you eat your main meal of the day , I obviously understand if you ate too much i.e 3000 calories that you would not lose weight / might maintain, but what about the opposite ?

If you ate say 800-1000 calories , are you eating too little ? Would your body not tap into excess fat for energy or would it throw on the breaks and lower your metabolism… so much misinformation , need to debunk.

(Allan L) #2

Hi,

Watch this youtube video where right at the beginning Dr. Stephen Phinney talks about how your metabolism will use your body fat to get the calories needed if you only orally consume a lower calorie amount.

As long as you are fat adapted.

(Erin Macfarland ) #3

Cool!

(Erin Macfarland ) #4

Also @jedi88 you might be surprised that even if you were to consume “3000 calories” during a feeding window (maybe not an hour but maybe during a six or so hour window) you could still lose weight. Remember that weight is a hormonally regulated process. So try and get out of that calorie restriction mindset. I believe that focusing on calories will catch up with you. Instead, working on incorporating plenty of fat and keeping carbs very low and eating things you enjoy will leave you satisfied, satiated, and will set you up for achieving success long term on keto. Worrying about calories right off the bat will keep you stuck in a dieting mindset and that will eventually crash and burn. Eat to satiety, and don’t force yourself to fast if you’re feeling hungry. Some days you might be able to have a one hour window but others you might be ready to eat earlier. That’s ok, listen to your body!

(Dan Dan) #5

Many have lost weight at 2000kcals to 3000kcals

Many have lowered their metabolism with calorie restriction

IF/EF KETO WOE is not about loosing weight its about attaining a healthy fat to muscle body composition by changing your body’s primary energy source to fat rather than carbohydrates

This is accomplished by a Diet high in fat, moderate in protein, and low in carbohydrates (net)

Restricting Calories is not recommended or necessary for a change in body composition.

If a quick change in body composition is desired IF/EF is the preferred method as it spares muscle and has numerous health benefits.

To learn about IF/EF Keto WOE youtube is a great place to start:

I like DR. Berg he explains it in a simple way (for a simple person like me) :smiley:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Andrew) #7

Your insulin is low for a very long time. Even at 4,000 you would be fine.