21 Day Fast Journey

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #21

It is! I’m just amazed and excited! And to think I was going to wait to start. I’m glad I changed my mind because this has been good for me thus far. Thank you for the encouragement!

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #22

Merry Christmas to you and a loud resounding merry Christmas to me! At the end of week one I’m 6lbs down and finally under 280lbs ~celebration twerk~. Two more weeks to go; taking it one day at a time and being gentle with myself.

Yesterday, I took a nice long soak in the tub and there was Epsom salt. I’ve decided that I’ll do seek to do this daily from here on during the fast. Not only will it provide me magnesium, I believe it will help with the ‘purging’ that’s apparently a part of longer fasts by keeping my pores clear and stuff. And that’s all I’m gonna say about that. LOL

And so begins day 8!!

(Doug Stone) #23

I’ve yet to do an extended fast but I want to. Glad to hear your progress.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #24

Sharing is helping me a lot. One day you’ll decide, this is it, I’m gonna fast for a day or two - and next thing you know, you’re on a roll. :grin:

Congratulations on pipping the 280 mark!! Such a great feeling when you achieve a goal you’ve set. Nicely done. :+1::clap:

Yeah, I did the daily Epsom salt baths, too, on my 33 day fast. I believe it helped with the detox processes, as well as magnesium dosage.

By the way…how is your tongue feeling?

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #27

Thanks bunches!

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #28

So far my tongue is fine, no complaints.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #29

And here we are, day 10 underway! I’m into the unknown at this point and so far so good. :+1: I did some heavy lifting Friday and Saturday, and I found that on Sunday I definitely needed fat/protein to assist with recovery. The cardio is fine, I’m keeping my heart rate less than 140 and yesterday it was kept below 130. I’m modifying my strength training while fasting so that my body can keep up with the needs of recovery. Besides adding the Epsom salt baths, I’ve also added dry brushing as of day 9. Detox is real! It doesn’t just happen in the bowels, so, yeah… :unamused:but I believe this is all worth it. Hunger remains pretty much nonexistent and my blood glucose on average is between 70-74 with a few dips into the upper 60s. Fat adaptation is the bee’s knees!

On day 9 I went to the gun range for the first time! I had a blast! I wonder if my aim and focus were improved by keto clarity…?

(Kali) #30

I’m confused. How is it a fast if you’re eating solid foods here & there? Not trying to criticize, just confused.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #31

I’ve missed your posts for 5-days, arghhhhhh! Still getting used to the forum. Luv this @Charmaine-OLD, keep strong :muscle::+1::grinning:

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #32

@Kali I don’t take it as a criticism. :blush:

fast
fast/
verb
gerund or present participle: fasting
abstain from all or some kinds of food or drink, especially as a religious observance.

Fasting isn’t only ~not~ eating anything at all. My primary goal for this fast is to put my body in a state of fasting for an extended period of time. How that state is accomplished can vary, but it shouldn’t be detrimental. If I continue to workout without ingesting in fats or minimal amount of protein, that would be detrimental because my bodily processes wouldn’t be able to keep up with my actual energy needs. I’d become lethargic, maybe moody, cold, and possibly would get ill. I decided that I wouldn’t forgo 3 weeks of workouts for the sake of a fast. So, I supplement. If I were not being active, I would be able to do even less with no problem. My caloric intake is probably about 300-500 calories, versus the 2K+ that I need especially doing strength training and cardio. I think I can safely say, I’m still in a fasting zone physiologically speaking.

Going to find the post @richard did explaining it better than me!

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #33

Thanks bunches @Becky :sparkling_heart:

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #34

@Kali here is the post:

http://blog.2keto.com/why-fasting-is-easier-for-some-people/

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #35

Day 11 underway way. Had the equivalent of maybe 1/2 and egg, slice of bacon, and pickled jalapeños & kraut to get salt in awhile ago; a weak BPC this morning. Left the bone broth at home, may have it tomorrow, may not - I’m glad that I didn’t bring it because I really don’t need it.

I’ll be modifying my workouts to be less intense for the duration of the fast. Lowest bg today was 67mg/dL, post workout after a few hours it was 77; still pleased with the range.

My skin… why is my nose and cheeks red? I keep experiencing skin ‘stuff’. LOL I look like I’ve been hitting the moonshine. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: It amazesm how my body is responding to this fast.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #36

And here we are, day 12. The chills have come, so, I eat broth. It’s not really the chills, just cold. At first I was thinking I’m cold because it’s cold, but no, it’s me. I have the heat turned up at work - so I’m cold. LOL so, I’m having the broth I brought to work; glad I brought it because at first I wasn’t. But the fat bomb I made was a huge fail because I apparently put too much salt in it and the cinnamon extract doesn’t taste good so I’m taking it back.

Didn’t workout today but did yesterday. My bg hasn’t read above 67 today and so far the lowest is 63. For some reason, I was as expecting to hover in the 70s; but it’s steadily declined the entire time so far. I’m feeling good, just cool. I may have to include a couple of eggs each day for the remainder of the fast, will see. Still amazed that I’m actually used to not having ‘meals’.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #37

To watch later.

(Kim Flora Maydwell) #38

Sounds like you are doing amazing! I’ve only done a two day fast so far, but I am reading Jason Fung’s book on fasting and look forward to trying different and longer fasts next year. Keep up the good work!

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #39

Thank you! This is actually going much better than I had imagined or anticipated. I started out experimenting and taking my time, so I support you doing it in order to get your groove.

(dawn.hakala) #40

Congrats @Charmaine-OLD So happy for you!! Wish I could’ve kept going but, well, you know all that… I am doing the Zornfasts as they come… Once a month for 3 days is good I think… Just to reset per say… I’ll keep watching your progress!!