2 weeks into Keto & GAINED 6 LBS!

(Mg ) #61

I’ve been doing hard core keto since November 23-2019
Lost 12 pounds. That’s it.
12 stinking pounds!
But inches came off. Two full sizes. My entire body looks totally diffrent.

I’ve gained in between. Up down up down. My biggest gain was five pounds. I screamed! I screamed my lungs out.
Then I didn’t miss a beat…, I STAYED WITH IT!
Ten days later. It was off again. Still only 12 pounds… 12 stinking pounds ugh!
It’s literally half a pound a week now! But the sizes… The GLORIOUS sizes!

Scale aint my friend anymore. But the tape measure it. Don’t stop!
Muscle weighs more than fat. So if you’re working out consider that.

(Mg ) #62

We all have to learn this the hard way don’t we? It is NOT a quick fix. :rofl:

(Chris) #63

Only us humans lol.

(Michael) #65

Eat clean keto, very clean. If it has more than 2 ingredients don’t eat it. cut out all sweeteners even stevia. Grass fed meat only (Far better fat quality) chickens are fed grain pigs are fed grain too. Fatty Beef and lamb only. No coffee or tea just water for drinks. Don’t drink your calories. eat and chew. Stop eating 42 times a week that’s ridiculous number an insulin response 42 times a week that’s what you are doing. Eat a BIG meal once a day or every other day. Very small eating window an hour tops.
If all that seems very difficult? IT IS. I’ve been Keto since 2000 and it’s hard for me to do. Best of luck on your big day.

(Mg ) #66

Oh sweet Jesus
I couldn’t do that keto. :rofl:
I own it. That’s rough .
I like food too much. I savor it too much… I attempted it once. One time. Made it two days barely.
God bless wish I could

Most of us can’t or aren’t willing to do that keto :smiley: It’s not even needed, in the vast majority of the cases. We might need our individual extra rules but not everything and not necessarily right away.

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #68

Are you by chance in a monastery? :grin:

(Michael) #69

BRAVO!! 2 days absolutely AWESOME!! That first night going to bed completely empty is tough, even when you have done a few 48 hr fasts your mind is always challenged. For me that’s why I do l it. Mental toughness.

(Michael) #70

Of course it’s not needed. 16:8 20:4 OMAD 48 72 96 eating super clean none of it. you can still get great results with your basic keto diet. The young lady just sounds a little frustrated and anxious about her upcoming big day. she just wants to lose a few pounds and look sensational. What she is doing wrong is eating too frequently. that style of keto eating is more of a maintenance diet or good if your just starting out and getting the carbs out of your diet. She can still eat the same quantity of food but eat all of it in one hour at night. Or go a little further and eat twice as much every other day. The eating clean is just so she knows FOR SURE! you won’t get any carb creep in her food intake. Reduce insulin response both duration and frequency THAT IS KEY!!

(Michael) #71

No I’m not, but if you can fast for 3-4 days you will feel power from THE HAND OF GOD!!

Oh, I get it, I think. “You want sure results, you need to do the strict way”? I can understand that :slight_smile: And if it’s just a few pounds, it doesn’t require a lot of time, hopefully.

I doubt the size of our eating window matters so much, though. But it’s probably individual. Simply eating in a smaller eating window (or less carbs) never caused any fat-loss for me as long as I didn’t appropriately reduce my calories as well - but they can help with that and the hormonal changes may help too, just not everyone of us notice such an effect, the human body is complex and we mostly just see the input and the result, some people measure some additional numbers but it’s still very complex and mysterious and not always behaves according to the most perfect scientific theory or even experiences.
If we do “everything” that may help, we probably have good chances. If we know what works for us, that makes that level of strictness unnecessary. Fasting, keto, elimination works well for so many, the combination must be even more powerful (oh the time when I thought keto OMAD will be my solution. but I am a difficult case). But some people never will lose fat quickly (like, 1-2 pounds a week, that’s a great speed), no matter what.