2 POLLS: Rate YouTube doctors and influencers

(Michael) #1

I have noticed a few new comers noting that they are following certain YouTubers and thought it would interesting to get an of how many of us follow such people. Please check the top few people you listen to (it’s multiple-choice). [Note: the original idea was to rate each one, but the Discourse software doesn’t provide that option. Also there are other influencers, but the software only allows 20 choices.]

• Paul Mason
  • Ben Bikman
  • Nadir Ali
  • Chris Masterjohn
  • Ken Berry
  • Ken Sikaris
  • Ivor Cummins
  • Bart Kay
  • Paul Saladino
  • Dr Cywes
  • Nutrition with Judy
  • Steak and butter gal
  • Eric Berg
  • Stephen Phinney
  • Jeff Volek
  • David Ludwig
  • Richard Feinman (“the other”)
  • Eric Westman
  • Sarah Hallberg
  • Robert Lustig

0 voters

If nothing else it might lead others to watch and learn from some they may not have known about, myself included.

(Bob M) #2

I assume you mean for nutrition info, and not things like covid, correct? Or is everything thrown in there?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Let’s stay more or less strictly to diet, nutrition, and the chronic diseases (“of civilisation”).

I have a theory, brother, that you are an alter of Sir Stephen Phinney.

:grinning:

(Michael) #6

I would think keto carnivore space exclusively, too large otherwise

Anybody that calls themselves an “Influencer” = automatic 0

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #8

The guy that 1st ‘influenced’ me is not on your list! Dr David Unwin … then I joined the current list
Perhaps he’s not that box office

(Bob M) #9

Dr. Unwin is important, though I don’t think he’s a youtube guy.

Naghite influenced me the skitter.

I’m a born again eater of liver.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #11

I tried editing the post to include him, but I saw your post too late, and the software wouldn’t let me edit the poll, sorry.

(Bob M) #12

You know, I don’t regularly listen to any of those people.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #13

I used to listen quite a bit …. Not so much now but it’s still worth checking because of new studies…. They do sometimes amend stuff and it’s reassuring when people admit to being wrong

(Michael) #14

LOL. :rofl:

(Joey) #15

Thanks for setting this pool up. I enjoyed comparing my votes vis-a-vis the cumulative tally.

I was a bit confused though, as Ken Berry never mentioned keto when starring on F-Troop.

Okay boomer. :roll_eyes:

(Robin) #16

@SomeGuy Thanks for the fun blast from the past!

(Geezy) #17

There are some that I listen to that are not on that list and that if fine. I appreciate the list so that I can look up some of these people and watch then. I like listening to these people when I’m walking and exercising as they inspire me.

@SomeGuy, I thought Mayberry RFD when I first heard his name. Boy are we telling our ages. :laughing:

And the odd onion, lol…

:wink:

(Joeb Lowe) #19

Dr Boz (Annette Bozworth)
Dr Sten Elkberg.

(KM) #20

Sarah Hallberg died of lung cancer about a year ago.

(Bob M) #21

True, although I saw quite a few people who credited her videos with their starting low carb/keto.

I know of 4 people who died of lung cancer, and 2 of them smoked, while 2 did not.