2 Keto Dudes get a bit agitated then go “on ice”. Ep. 224

podcast

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #6

Sorry, I can’t listen to podcasts anymore. It’s a combo of my hearing problems - I have difficulty understanding what folks are saying even when I can hear what they’re saying - and not having an hour to waste listening to something that contains 10 minutes of interest to me. I wish they had transcripts.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

This is certain true for me. I freaked out about the amount of diabetes in my family, and suddenly realised it was only a matter of time before I would have to go on insulin. I am greatly attached to my fingers and toes, and would hate to lose any of them, so it was a great impetus to do something.

A year on a well-formulated ketogenic diet, and my blood sugar was normal, my blood pressure and my heart rate had gone down significantly (back into the normal range), my blood work was all in the normal range (my LDL was on the high end of the normal range, but the ratio of triglycerides to HDL was very good)—and by the way, I lost 80 lbs. (36 kg) with no exercise and no hunger, and without counting a single calorie.

Sure, I’d love to lose a further 80 lbs., but Dr. Phinney says that he and Prof. Volek typically see losses of 10-20% of starting weight, and I’ve lost 26%, so I am already ahead of the game. Also, since my bulk is no longer interfering with my daily activities, my arthritis is gone, and my skin problems have all cleared up, I really can’t complain about a few extra pounds.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #8

We :unicorn:s really skew the stats! Doncha know most folks have to work to accomplish anything!

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

I just switched my support for the podcast over to more money for the forums. Which hopefully won’t be going anywhere. I would be lost without my daily doses of ketogenic talk.

I urge anyone who can afford to do so to become a Patreon member
Go to Patreon.com, search for the ketogenic forums
The levels are 1, 3, or 5 dollars but you can also do as I did and set a custom amount. Running websites is not cheap, so the Dudes can really use any amount you can spare.

I used to belong to WW, but this is way cheaper per month then that was.

(Joey) #10

Loved the grievances. Lifted my spirits! :+1:

But will sorely miss the 2Dudes’ podcast … Wishing you dudes all the very best for a well-deserved (open-ended?) break for you and your families. :vulcan_salute:

(Central Florida Bob ) #11

Since I haven’t heard anyone talking about what they were complaining about, it was pretty meaningless to me, but I listened to it anyway. I guess the two keto podcasts I listen to most are Diet Doctor and Ivor Cummins’ Fat Emporer, so while I can laugh about some chef referring to caramelizing a steak, or that woman saying, “I don’t diet, I work out 90 hours/day” I don’t think it would have bothered me if I’d heard it.

Sorry to hear them going back on ice, but totally predictable with Richard’s return to his grad school track. The content has been pretty light since they started back up, anyway.

I’ve been out of touch with the low carb community for a few years. I reached a peak of what I needed to be successful and didn’t continue to tune in. While Richard and Carl might not want to name the low carb anti vaxxers, does anyone happen to have a list to hand of who these people are.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #13

Dr Robert Malone, who invented the mRNA ‘vaccine’. What do you intend to do with your list? Ostracize everyone who happens to agree with the geneticist who invented it that experimental mRNA genetic treatments are neither safe nor effective when misused as vaccines?

(Robin) #14

Yikes! That was out of left field.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #15

Asking for a list of low-carb anti vaxxers was out of the ball park.

(bulkbiker) #16

All the sensible ones who have questioned the dietary narrative and now question the big pharma narrative?
The ones that “follow science”.

thanks for the info about them doing what they do

So if you don’t want a barely tested vaccine you’re not following science? The reason I jumped OUT of that line was BECAUSE I was following science.

I got my antibodies… I’m as good as somebody that got an mRNA vaccine that can still get COVID just like I can again.

Hopefully my flu shot works, way more faith in that! Can’t stand the re-definition of “anti-vaxxers”.

(Bob M) #19

You realize that mRNA vaccines dad been in development for years, correct? And that 100+ million people have gotten the mRNA covid vaccines?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #20

@lfod14 you may have misunderstood @MarkGossage. Mark replied to @Scottishguy who wants a list of so-called ‘low carb anti-vaxxers’ presumably so he can ignore their low carb advice because they’ve questioned the efficacy of mRNA so-called ‘vaccines’. Scottishguy apparently remains unaware that these mRNA so-called ‘vaccines’ neither protect one from contracting the disease nor prevent one transmitting it to others. And is also totally unaware that the geneticist/inventor of said mRNA ‘treatments’ has publicly stated that misusing them as ‘vaccines’ is neither safe nor effective.

@ctviggen Pay attention.

There was a bit of Ivor Cummins question-asking in these forums back in the pandemic. I did wonder if Ivor was packaged and labelled in a bad way for his shift toward the pandemic health crisis?

I still listen to his podcast and the recent one, back on cardiac disease, where he interviews Dr. Malcom Kendrick about atherosclerosis is a “must listen”, I reckon.

Yep, I’m baffled by who the keto commentators are that upset the 2 keto dudes. My concern is that I’m still listening to them, without being enlightened. The Peak Human podcast with Brian Sanders is quite anti-establishment but a top quality listen. Brett Sher on the Diet Doctor podcast is quite straight laced but they shifted to higher protein eating recommendations that the dudes, @richard, rightfully questioned in the context of available science and in the context of nutritional ketosis for T2D.

I think we are seeing that the ketogenic way of eating has grown to past the fracture point. That is, the aims of eating this way have become many and diverse, and within that diversity conflicts of opinion occur when the context of the therapeutic goal, e.g. blood glucose control, weight loss, mental health benefits, anti-inflammation etc is discussed without a primary context aim in place. So, a person discussing nutritional ketosis for athletic performance isn’t fully getting what a person who is eating that way to mitigate heart disease, or auto-immune disease is saying, and might take it the wrong way.

Maybe an Admin could shift this thread over to the topic @carl just posted about this podcast episode, please?

(Robin) #22

@collaroygal, thanks for the reminder. I just signed on to support the forum via Patreon too.

(Robin) closed #23

(Richard Morris) #24

I don’t offer much for the patreon subscription other than keeping the forums up and running and the fancy gold ( or silver ) medal badge that you are flaunting and a bump up to the next trust level on the forum :slight_smile:

Very grateful that you and about a dozen other folk are helping me to keep the forum up and hopefully it will outlast me as it has outlasted the podcast.

Richard

(Richard Morris) #25

Robert Malone is not technically a scientist, but in the same definition neither am I … but I’m working towards it. Scientists in general terms are postdoc researchers.

Malone dropped out of the PhD arm of his MD-PhD and just finished off his MD. He’s certainly not a geneticist. He did study in the Salk labs which is one of the 3 or so premier immunology centers in the world so if he had finished his PhD he would be an immunologist.

Malone’s role in the invention of mRNA vaccines is minor, but not insignificant. While doing his graduate study he worked under the direction of Inder Verma (his PhD supervisor) who collaborated with hundreds of the most qualified immunologists in the world, including a dozen Nobel laureates at the Salk Inst.

Malone did one student project, for which he was the leading investigator (ie: was responsible for writing most of the study up) with Phillip Felgner and Inder Verma (who supervised the project and likely came up with - and justified funding for - the project). That was into cationic lipids (lipids with a positive charge) being used in micells to survive the extracellular environment to deliver a payload into a cell. That was not inconsequential to the development of the mRNA vaccine. It’s like discovering a new material for tires on school buses as an intern and then putting in your profile on Google scholar that you invented school buses.

The discovery of mRNA vaccines took hundreds of scientists (and probably thousands of interns doing the bench monkey work). When the Nobel committee is working out who should get the Nobel prize for it they will likely choose biochemist Katalin Karikó and immunologist Drew Weissman who discovered how to modify uridine in RNA to slip past the cells innate defenses to be replicated in our cells.

Robert Malone is doing everything he can to develop his candidacy for the last seat by getting the Q-mob to demand his recognition over about 100 other scientists who had a more significant role. And failing that, by destroying the reputation of mRNA vaccines to poison the chalice for anyone else.

I listened to the whole Rogan interview, and I’d fisk the entire thing point by point to show how he’s beclowning himself but no one would read it.