• 11 ounces Choczero sugar-free chocolate chips
  • 6 eggs room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
  • Nuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Prepare 8” square pan with parchment paper and spray release
  3. Whisk eggs until frothy.
  4. Melt chocolate chips using a microwave at 30-second intervals.
  5. Slowly whisk in semi-cool chocolate chips
  6. Add toppings
  7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until done

When I made it today, I used a 7-ounce bag of Lily’s SF dark chocolate chips, with 3 eggs and added a bunch of nuts. The dark chocolate was a little bitter for me. I made six individual brownies in mini-cake molds, and it only needed 15 minutes to bake.

I was surprised how well just (frothy) eggs and melted SF chocolate mixed up into a batter.

She also has a frosting made using the same chocolate chips:

Low Carb One Minute Chocolate Frosting

INGREDIENTS:

• 1.5 cups powdered sweetener
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 stick butter softened
  • 1/4 cup boiling water
  • 2 oz melted Choczero dark chocolate chips
  • Pinch of salt

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine your powdered sweetener, cocoa powder, and salt into a bowl.
  2. Add your softened butter and boiling water and mix until combined.
  3. Now, add your melted chocolate chips and mix until combined.
  4. Store it in the fridge for 1-3 hours and enjoy!

Sounds interesting, though slightly hard to believe just eggs and chocolate could get that brownie form alone, and not be more like just fudge. But, I checked around for similar recipes online and sure enough, the pictures make it at least look brownie like.

I guess I’ll just need to try it sometime.

One of the comments on the originally posted recipe noted a similar “2 ingredient” brownie:

INGREDIENTS

• 2 cups (350 g) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup (225 g) pumpkin puree

The author says there isn’t a pumpkin taste and “The pumpkin puree keeps the brownies moist, prevents the chocolate from solidifying and also acts as an egg replacement. When mixed with the chocolate and baked, it creates a cake-like crumb texture.”

(Allie) #4

Damn you’ve got me wanting to make a chocolate mug cake now.

don’t even go there :slight_smile: and I know you get what I am sayin’!
:clown_face:
don’t even click on these posts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
but yet I did and thought Heck NO :spider:

Realizing this is not one the author claims to be keto, and for good reason: Author claims 19g net carbs per brownie, I calculated out more like 22g. I suppose someone ok with going a bit higher might be able to fit 1 in once in a while on an otherwise very low day, but in general is a hard one.

Might work if the chocolate chips are swapped out for the sugar free kind used in the other recipe, but I guess hard to say if it would work out the same until someone tries it.

Sorry. I thought the use of sugar-free semi-sweet chocolate chips would have been an obvious one for someone on keto.

I just mentioned it as it was another 2-ingredient brownie, and wanted to state it “as is”. That’s what amazes me about the recipes. 2 ingredients.

However, before I started keto, there was an extremely easy microwave recipe to make fudge by simply combining chocolate chips with condensed milk.

Well, when you swap such things you never know how well the recipe is going to work, especially if you are swapping half the ingredients (actually more than half by mass). I know everything likes to claim to be able to directly substitute for something else, but I’ve found it rare that the reality lives up to the promise.

Personally, I just use regular chocolate with regular sugar for most things, though I usually go very dark. Even with just swapping for darker, I know there are limits for what will work in recipes and what needs adjustment. I have even used a small amount of just regular semi-sweet chocolate chips in a keto recipe before that turned out great (the chocolate was a very small part of the recipe). So, you just never know.