2/28/2017: Brenda & Donna's 30-Day Steak Challenge

challenge
steak

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #101

No worries with me @Fiorella
I need the fat for fuel.

I’ve done this before. I need a lot of fat on the steaks.

If I don’t buy a ribeye, I’ll be buying a chuck steak. Both VERY fatty

I’m absolutely confident that this test protocol is safe. Just want to put the info out there, in case someone only chooses low fat steaks. You never know…perhaps there is a potential for that to happen? I dunno. Your steak options (ribeye and Chuck) are great fatty choices.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #103

Well, Donna and I know better. Hopefully no one does this challenge unless they carefully have done their research…

Your scenario reminds me of the nazi-ish facebook groups that plagued the 2KetoDudes Facebook group with their fat fearing high protein dogma. Maybe they’re all poisoned rabbits? This would explain some of the illogical behavior…

Yeah, I get it. And please accept my apologies if I should not have put this info out there. Please understand that my post came out of genuine concern and compassion for people’s health. If someone thinks they can eat lean steak for a month and get their fat from the “Krispy Kreme they ate many years ago” they will possibly make themselves very ill. I’m participating, so for sure I have confidence in this test.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #105

For what? I wasn’t inferring YOU were a nazi-ish fear the fat/high protein ketoer,
JUST THE OPPOSITE!

I am SO glad to be rid of that dogma…

No worries.

You are right, the anti-keto nazis lurking out there do find ways to poke holes in everything.

(Guardian of the bacon) #107

Some of those Pro Bro threads were epic…you gotta admit.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #108

Well, the frustration was the around and around, even when evidentiary science was shared.
Most disturbing, encouraging diabetics to eat low fat and high protein…

(Meeping up the Science!) #109

Sadly, I can’t really afford multiple blood panels, however I’ll be getting at least one full panel done via my doctor as I do every two months. I’ll ask him to add lipids. Last two total cholesterol totals were 93ish and 159 as of last month. Mine are skewed though as I’m active losing weight and have altered anatomy.

(Meeping up the Science!) #110

Well, everything I eat will be fatty. I’m unconcerned.

Also continuing my normal supplements.

(Derek I. Batting) #111

Sure, but everyone knows you’re not human. What about the rest of us? :smiley:

(Meeping up the Science!) #112

I don’t see why electrolytes would be banned. I also feel a need for fewer ZC, but not everyone is the same I realize. I wouldn’t use exogenous ketones or stuff, however potassium/magnesium/calcium/etc I don’t have an issue with if @Brenda is kosher.

The point of the challenge is to prove a point, of sorts, not be miserable. :wink:

(Hugs & Bacon) #113

Can we just make it a nothing but bacon challenge???
I would be in for that!!

(Richard Morris) #114

I’ll be in my bunk!

(Genevieve Biggs) #115

Is steak the way @Fiorella made it here okay for this challenge?

32 day ZC Variable Protein Test

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #116

I will not be “adding” fats.
I will be buying fatty cuts.

It’s your choice really

(David K) #117

But… but… RULES!

Speaking of “choice”, Costco carries only USDA Choice and Prime. The large Choice prime rib roasts normally have a wonderfully large untrimmed fat area. Cook whole or cut your own ribeyes off it and get more fat than buying the ribeyes pre-cut.

(Sandra Watson) #120

OMG that looks AMAZING wagyu