2/28/2017: Brenda & Donna's 30-Day Steak Challenge

challenge
steak

(Richard Morris) #41

what like :rules:

emojis are too small to view

(Alex Dipego) #42

Steak tartar here I come :grin:

Also itā€™s very feasible a lb of steak isnā€™t that bad. Youā€™d be surprised how not hungry you are from a mere pound. Not to mention those 16oz of bloody goodness has decent amounts of fat for us fat adapted and then that satiating protein helps as well.

(Guardian of the bacon) #43

I like it

I need to go have a chat with my butcher and ask them to prepare extra fatty steaks, and stop cutting off the fat layer, like this below

If I ate this everyday for a month, I will be happy

(đą«ÆĪ±ąø— Źą«ÆąŖ½Ę¬Ń³ąø—) #45

What argue over steak?

(đą«ÆĪ±ąø— Źą«ÆąŖ½Ę¬Ń³ąø—) #46

I feel just eating steak isnā€™t enough. Then i thought you should challenge it up with only raw steak - but I remembered that incident where Brenda went all crazy and started eating it in the car.

(Mark) #47

Donā€™t forget the Chuck eye,just a step down from rib eye but you will save a few bucks,a little harder to find,but if on a budget,worth looking around for,I normally get rib eye ,easier to find,just donā€™t get it confused with a regular Chuck steak,this is a challenge I could have a go at

Excellent idea, @Bacon.

I just added chuck eye steak to the listā€¦thanks for that!

(Mark) #50

(Meeping up the Science!) #51

If you canā€™t join us or feel pressured to - donā€™t. Itā€™s no big thing.

(Guardian of the bacon) #52

If they leave the fat on for you they should charge less / kg. They werenā€™t going to get much for that trim plus less work for them.

Good point. I should mention that! Another advantage is that fat is lighter than muscle.

(Guardian of the bacon) #54

Nopeā€¦a kilo is a kiloā€¦fat muscle or feathersā€¦:smiling_imp:

(Guardian of the bacon) #55

If that plan doesnā€™t workā€¦Let them trim and ask for the trimmings in a separate package.

Oh, I totally agreeā€¦Iā€™m talking about the size of steak versus the fill factor eating it. Fat will displace muscle by volume. So, volume wise, it would weigh less, and i would need to by less buy weight.

(Guardian of the bacon) #57

I knew what you meantā€¦I am in a cheeky mood. :innocent:

Another good point. Since they are the same butcher I got loads of pork and beef fat for free, they would probably play nice with me. They will get to know me in my tastes and options.

Hahaā€¦Iā€™m glad I donā€™t need to tear up my engineering degree. What humiliation that would beā€¦

(Kelly LeBlanc) #60

For valentineā€™s day.