1st extended 8 day fast. That's it

Congrats on 8 days!

What did you weigh at the end?

(Bob) #8

Thanks, Don’t know as I am a long haul trucker. I should find a scale sometime today.

(James storie) #9

Hey, I’m a trucker too! I think this way of eating would do a lot to help the trucking industry as a whole!

(Dustin Cade) #10

Would be cool to see truck stops bulk up on keto friendly foods for truckers that would translate to road trips…

(James storie) #11

I pack most of my food each week, but I’ve gotten pretty good at finding stuff when I have to!

(Bob) #12

Truck stops would never stock keto friendly foods. 99.99% of truckers would never buy them.Most truckers are obese

(Bob) #13

Very cool James. U r the only keto trucker besides myself that I know of. I’ve told all the other truckers on the iTruckers slack group that I belong to about keto but so far no one has bought into it. I started in March and have lost 35 lbs and at my annual physical last week my bio markers were the best of my life. Been trucking a long time and getting obese and keto is getting me healthy. If u use apple products let me know and I’ll send u an invite for the slack group. Stay calm and keto on

Bob

(Bob) #14

I buy all my stuff from only 2 places. Amazon and Whole Foods. I have several Whole Foods I go to that have big rig parking.

(Bob) #15

Thanks Griffin, I’m feasting next several days then will try a 9 day fast nothing but salt, decaf black coffee and distilled water. If I complete that I will go back to 3 day fasts everyone in a while

(James storie) #16

I’m lucky enough to get to go home for a day every weekend. I pretty much cook all day! I have run across at least one other trucker on here, but I ant remember his name. I’ve been doing this for 2.5 years, lost and maintained 50 pounds so far. KCKO!

(Bob) #17

KCKO! Do u find urself getting angry and becoming militant about SAD and how we have been lied to for 50 years?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #18

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

Here ya go @ketotruck
There’ll be one set up for June as well. I’ve organized a group fast monthly for well over a year now. It DOES help to fast together!!!

May 2017 Zornfast 18-21

(James storie) #20

Yep, what I wouldn’t give to go back in time and just stop it all from happening. Can you imagine how life would’ve been different? I’m not saying I would change anything important about my life, but I wish someone would’ve told me about keto when I was a kid! One of my biggest regrets is that I didn’t find keto before I had kids. Now they have to struggle through the same food addictions even though they’ve seen my success! They are teenagers, so I obviously don’t know what I’m talking about!

(MEEKIN FORTE) #21

Great Job!!! It truly is more mental.

(Candy Lind) #22

@ketotruck Bob, I know you haven’t been around much and this is an older thread, but I would love to know where these Whole Foods with big rig parking are located!

Also, I’m directing any and every driver I can find on the forums to THIS THREAD so we can consolidate tips, tricks, questions, problems, favorite keto friendly eateries, etc. to one topic on the forums It’s under “newbies” just so new truckers will be able to find it easier.

I hope you’ll join us.

(Bob) #23

Hi CandyLindTX,
The Whole Foods in Allen, TX. Is located next to a big mall. Macy’s, etc. They have parking on the side or the rear of the Whole Foods for a big Rig. Also, the Whole Foods on 86th street in Indianapolis has parking next to the Starbucks. They just recently posted no truck parking signs but I still park there and haven’t been bothered. Also, the store in West Orange, NJ. off i280 has truck parking. I am retiring in 3 weeks after 30 years trucking. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Bob

(Candy Lind) #24

WOW, awesome career! My hubby has only been driving about 8 years and I’ve been driving only 4. However, we’ll never make 30 years. We came to trucking late - he’s 58, I’m 63 - so we won’t make 30. However, we will own our rig outright in about 3 weeks, and I’m very proud of that!

Thanks for the locations of the Whole Foods - I’ll put them in our database. If you have any tips for how to eat keto on the road, please head over to the new topic I put up in Newbies. Advice from a veteran would be highly appreciated. :grin:

Candy

(Beth Utz) #25

Wow! That’s great! I’m excited I’ve made it one day😂…taking it a day at a time and hoping to feast Saturday at an outing and then back to fast! Great job!

(Bob) #26

The biggest piece of advice I can offer is never eat in a restaurant. Lots of luck and keep in touch. Subscribe to the trucker dump podcast will be useful to. Join the trucker dump slack group too.

Bob