18 days in and struggling is this normal

(Corrie Mayo) #1

So far I have been loving keto life, had a 2 day first week flu but recovered, 8 lbs down and cravings are gone! Drinking electrolytes and getting fats, I am crashed! Burnt out and tired. I tried bpc initially but it seemed to make me hungry, going to try again tomorrow morning though. Anyone else experience this? How long did it take you to get through? It’s about 3 days now. Thanks!

(Short224) #2

I did have the exact same for about a week it shall pass I now have a lot of energy.

(John) #3

I had a pretty strong addiction to carbs and my body did not like tapping fat reserves, never had too as I was more than willing to oblige all the sweet cravings. My body threw a tantrum at one point for maybe a week and then smooth sailing.

(Corrie Mayo) #4

Thanks for responding, hopefully today is better.

I ate a lot of food for my first few weeks. In the range of 2700 cal/day. Once my innards finally accepted that I wasn’t going to give them anything non-keto and started extracting energy appropriately my apatite reduced.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

Three things to check: first, keep your sodium intake up; second, try increasing protein; and third, make sure you’re getting enough calories (the easiest way to do that is to eat fat to satiety).

(Corrie Mayo) #7

To update:

I think I just have a cold😄.

Not keto fly cold but sniffling sneezing stuffy head cold. Today I felt much better with the exception of the above. I did drink bpc, not sure if I felt better because it helped me or just my cold getting better. I did get the hungry feeling for about an hour, but it was easy to ignore and it went away. I will continue to drink it at least until the sniffles are gone. Thanks for everyone’s feedback!

Yes, I would say 21/2 weeks in isn’t very long in terms of going keto. It definitely will improve. My first 2 weeks were difficult as well, as I was dealing w/ carb addiction and I couldn’t handle 20g carbs to start. So I stepped down my carbs, starting w/ 80g, then 60g, then 40g, then 30g, then 20g. I am now in my 7th week and can tell you that it will get better! Good luck!
KCKO