10k PB running on fat

(Alec) #1

I just did a 10k PB with not a carb in sight! Totally fat powered, loved it. Beat my previous best by 5 minutes!!

Keto powered running rocks!! :running_man:‍♂
Cheers
Alec

(LeeAnn Brooks) #2

I’m jealous right now.

I started the day with yard work and did so much stooping and kneeling for about 3 hours that I ache too much to go for my planned run.:weary:

Should have done the run first.

(Alec) #3

Yes, you should! :joy::joy:

Good luck next weekend. Keto is the way to power a 10k, I just proved it. I felt awesome! A friend passed me at 8k, and I said “not on your life” and went after them. Pre-keto, I would have chased for 500m then just run out of oomph, and would have let it go. Today, I did not let go. My friend did beat me, but not by much, I kept on his heels most of the way, and I had a very fast (for me!) last 2k. I did not even think about fuel, there was plenty in the tank. My limitations were purely mental and fitness level (vo2max).
Cheers
Alec

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Ten kilograms of Peanut Butter? A 10 kg Power Bar? The mind boggles, lol! :grinning:

So what’s a PB? Inquiring minds want to know! :smiley:

(Doug) #5

“Personal Best” time. Love that 10k distance.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

Thanks for explaining. (Now to get those images of a 10 km road paved with peanut butter out of my head. Yum!)

(Alec) #7

Paul
I was thinking of putting PR in for my American friends, but thought a bit of education on how to speak real English wouldn’t go amiss! :joy::see_no_evil:
Cheers
Alec

(LeeAnn Brooks) #8

That gives me an idea.
I just need to have someone waiting at the finish line with a jar of PB and maybe I’ll have a shot at a PB.

(Alec) #9

Now that sounds like an idea! At the end of most runs these days there is fruit and Gatorade. Ugh! I think I’ll take a jar of peanut butter next time and feast on it post-race! Oh, my running friends will think I am even more crazy than they do now!
Cheers
Alec

(Alec) #10

I was running with another runner during parkrun last Saturday… she asked how I was losing all the weight. When I explained fasting and keto she was speechless and couldn’t really find anything to say. I think she is a nurse and is so invested in the CW, that she just couldn’t understand how what I was doing could be healthy.

She clearly didn’t want to say anything negative about what I was doing. Therefore she had nothing to say! She just smiled at me… the lack of understanding of the weakness of the CW by the people within the system is just amazing. They see the lack of results of the CW every day, and think that managing weight is just hard!

The lack of understanding of the crucial role of insulin and how to manage it frankly amazes me. The science seems clear, yet this knowledge is just not common knowledge. Why not?

There, that’s my rant of the day! :scream:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #11

I don’t really blame people for not getting it. I was one of those people for years. LF way of losing weight was so ingrained in me, Atkins seems ridiculous for so long. And I had never heard of Keto until several years ago.

The fact that it could break through to someone like me says a lot in how far Keto has come towards mainstream.

(Kevin Sodhi) #12

Awesome work!

I’ve haven’t tried for a 10k PB lately. I suppose I’m due too. :wink:

(J) #13

Did a 10k today, mostly even-paced (though I hustled a little at the end because I wanted to see if I could get it under 60 minutes). I have no idea what a good 10k time is. In other news, comprehended within the 10k was my best 5k time, and that was with little effort.