1 Question about Carnivore

(Mary Ann) #41

Very good to know, thanks! I’m willing to try it mixed into my ground beef. I had to laugh at the “it is not that bad.” Yea… I can imagine.

(Elizabeth ) #42

I grew up eating chicken livers wrapped in bacon. I still enjoy them from time to time. I broil them or bake them on high heat until the bacon is crispy. As for calves or beef liver, here’s a carnival way to adapt what was a family favorite when I was a kid, cut into bite-sized pieces, dry thoroughly then soak in heavy cream. You can use butter if you don’t tolerate cream. Roll in a thick layer of crushed pork rinds, then fry crispy in bacon fat. Serve with a side of bacon :slight_smile:

Though I am not a carnivore (I just try to do carnivore days but I didn’t get enough meat this far so they such days aren’t very numerous), I will fry chicken liver today. I’m a Hungarian, eating liver is pretty common and popular, it’s so odd to me that people in certain countries consider it’s unusual :D… It’s different from other meats, it has a unique taste, I like that. I prefer chicken (and especially duck or goose, not like I ate them in the last 30-ish years, well there was some spread once but that’s not the same), pork liver is harder, I probably never ate beef liver but I totally will when I can. My plan is eating a lot of it in the future - as long as I figure out a good way but I surely will. Rabbit liver was boring, very little taste but tender and edible (its meat is too boring for me as well but it’s meat and not bad, just nothing special).

Reading through the comments, I will make some attempt not to fry all the liver into oblivion today but I need to fight my instincts… My first attempt to make steak was a bit of a mess too but I need to learn and experiment… :slight_smile:

Girl you making anything like liver etc. sound so darn good! crispy bacon, soak in heavy cream, crispy fried layer in bacon fat. What is not to love, especially if you serve with a side of bacon! WOOT!

(Sophie) #45

One of the things I strongly believe in is to eat nose-to-tail in the carnivore diet. That includes liver. It’s one of the highly nutritious food out there and we have a bunch of articles about it on our site.

Think of it as nature’s multivitamin. We’re so used to taking down those pills because we don’t eat a balanced diet. If you look at liver nutrition and benefits, you’d see that it acts the same way as those pills.