1 Question about Carnivore

hey hey I rarely eat the dark chocolate.

that is my one indulgence every now and then, hey life has to be a little daring at some point for this carnivore LOL

now…chicken liver…geez louise wouldn’t touch that with a 39 1/2 foot pole, heck we use those for catfishing here :slight_smile:

so use the ick to catch the good catfish and eat them up…see my way is better LOL

you know that is the beauty of carnivore truly.

you eat as much as you want, when you want, you track nothing, absolutely nothing at all.

the whole plan is eat meat and seafood. as much as you want. let your hunger control you.

So is carnivore a plan you might do or are ya on the fence kinda how you are gonna go at this point? it is good to take your time and ‘don’t get swayed’ by the tons of crazy intricate mumbo jumbo on any forums.

simple is best for most people LOL carnivore is so simple for sure :slight_smile:

I think you meant me with the dark chocolate hehe. Ok so 90 seconds per side, hmmm but would that mean pink undercooked meat? Because I don’t like rare steak. The smallest amount to pink, if not well-done.

(Edith) #24

I’m not a fan of liver, either. I’m trying to learn to accept. I can definitely handle liverwurst and I will have a slice of that every day or two.

The pieces of calves liver I buy from the store are sliced very thin. I am cooking them too long. I will try a quick sear on each side and see how that goes. You may have to go with pink liver. Cooked through liver is definitely disgusting.

(Davy) #25

Looking at Carnivore out of the corner of my eye. Reading about it for now, helps me stay around 20g for Keto.
Jack Lalanne and his wife Elaine ate liver quite often. They just barely cooked it. He lived to be about 96, she’s still alive at 93. They say it’s the LIVER.

you could be a LIVER…live-r if you eat liver.
that word live is sure in there :slight_smile: heehee

(Davy) #27

Woo hoo. Just looked at my Vitamin A score and LIVER gave 14,000 IU
Dr. J. D. Wallach says we need around 20,000 IU of Vit. A
Liver is the KING of Superfoods! Long live the King!

ah thing is you probably need less on carnivore. when you take away the bad foods that deplete the body, you usually need less of ‘that good stuff’ that corrects the bad stuff you are eating LOL

but yea, you will be very well balanced with liver.

(Not a cow) #29

When I go “hard carnivore” I will continue eating baby beef livers about once every two weeks, sometimes every week, but I would never eat 8 ounces all together. When I buy them I freeze them up in 4 oz packages and then cook them as a side dish. I’ll have it with bacon and eggs, or burgers or any beef really. I buy them at the butchers or the grocery store, and they are sliced very thin, so it’s a last minute thing when I decide to cook them. Out of the freezer into the pan, but I have never tried chicken livers, so I will have to try those, maybe when I stop this “soft carnivore” woe. 2020 is the plan, to stop the little bit of non-carnivore condiments that I use now to keep my fat bombs tasty.

I like this, I do this kind of thing :slight_smile:
I love seafood as my side dish. I always like that feeling of a big old hunk of tasty main meat meal and a ‘side’.

Come on 2020…we will have another hardcore carnivore with us!! Love it!!

(Not a cow) #31

Haha, you’re right, I will be expecting some carny love come January. Just trying to eliminate some of my more favourite items of my Keto woe, during this month. Have not had vege’s since Dec 1, except for some odd sods in my friends meatloaf a couple of weeks back, and the regular fat bombs (WC and Cream Cheese) that I’m still using to combat my sweet cravings…

It’s a much simpler lifestyle that I think I can really get into. Planning a nice surf and turf Christmas meal with Rib eye, Wild salmon, lobster tails, and shrimp, and then a redo for New Years Day. Better stock up on some butter, me thinks.

Don’t worry Moo…we got you covered on carni loving when ya switch over and heck you are soft carnivore now so you are right there anyway.

Simple. Yup that is what I truly love on this way of life. I am not a foodie in the kitchen in anyway, but a foodie to eat, sure LOL so leaving the kitchen behind mostly and just making simple fast meat/seafood meals just suits me to a T.

That meal you listed for the holiday. WOW. Now that is living my friend! Sounds super delish.

My family is doing lasagna for Christmas dinner. I am doing filet mignon and shrimp or crab legs, or heck both as my side dish to my filet.

Moo where you at in that your pic I see a marina behind you. Are you getting those lobster tails at a real good price maybe? I sure wish I could get lobster at a good price around me. Just wondering on it!

(Not a cow) #33

No such luck @Fangs, I was visiting Kelowna BC, that is at the downtown harbour, beautiful area ! Just started buying from seafood online, that supplies wild salmon and bought some Canadian lobster tails with my order. Neither the salmon or the lobster are on the cheap side, ;), and I am in Ontario, so that limits my pick of wild seafood.

Salmon was delicious compared to local bought, and I have never bought lobster before but it tasted restaurant quality…ie., a high quality seafood restaurant, for sure.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #34

Poison! :scream::warning::skull_and_crossbones::warning::skull_and_crossbones:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #35

Personally I believe in the nose to tail approach to Carnivore. Organ meats are healthy. @RobC presented an article linking organ meats to gout, personally I don’t buy that. The organ meats might exacerbate the gout symptoms but I believe it’s in the context of a high sugar diet that gout starts to become a thing.

@KetoMomof2teens There’s a huge misconception of “pink or rare” meat as being bloody and uncooked. This is purely a psychological reaction to color. Well done Beef is much harder to digest and has less nutrients. The pink color of less cooked beef is myoglobin, a protein that reacts to oxidation by turning brown. Cooking the hell out of a piece of meat just oxidizes that protein. That pink juice coming out of less cooked beef is not blood. Blood is drained as the first step in butchering an animal. Less cooked steak means more tender and flavorful. You can either cook meat to death or lightly. In the middle it’s just tough and chewy. I can’t choke down a well done dry :cut_of_meat:. Medium rare or less preferably, I can go blue. :cowboy_hat_face:

oh oh I thought you lived seaside somewhere. I was jealous for a bit on that HAHA

Ontario…we are doing a few weeks up in Toronto this July. Kid wants to see it. On way back we will hit Niagra for a short time cause kid wants to see that too LOL Give ya a wave when I get there over the border :slight_smile:

Oh you are smart, cause while not cheap, delish seafood that is top of the line fresh and with good fresh flavor is a big way to treat us carnivores to a great meal. I always put my money IN my mouth :slight_smile: I buy good stuff for me. I figure it is my tummy or the doctor’s office…my meat/seafood is more important than the darn doctor…heehee

(Not a cow) #37

It was the first time I tried this, and it will likely take me 2 months to go through my 10 lb. supply of 6 oz filets. Gives me lots’ of time to re-think spending this much, but it is so delicious…I think I would miss it. :wink:

I’m about 2 hours from Toronto. Lots of great places to eat, even keto restaurants I hear. I love Toronto, but I hate driving there or driving around there, but actually, I feel the same way about any big city. What area/state are you from ?

Moo one thing on carnivore is we all find the cuts of meat we desire the best, we find the seafood we must have and once we get our groove into what we love, it becomes a massive important issue in your day…what fab meat or seafood will I eat today LOL

oh cool, you are like 2 hrs from Toronto. Like you I am not a big city gal. I am a farmer out in the more ‘boonies’, NC…about 45 from Charlotte NC. I despise any city traffic!

We are staying at Milton Family Campground, like 30? from Toronto. We have a toyhauler camper. We love it. If I can remember right it is like 14 hr drive to Milton from our house.

but we got all the time we want to travel. kid out of school so we can take our time.

beauty of the rv is I get to bring all my meats and grill out. I can hold plan so super easy vs. eating out and having to pick thru a menu to make my food. I love that part truly.

(Mary Ann) #39

I have to try the chicken livers. I’m eating liverwurst or pate daily now. All the beef liver I’ve tried has been a struggle. I also do canned cod liver once in a while.

(Edith) #40

I was able to get a hold of liver, spleen, and heart. I ground them up and added them to ground beef. I did a ratio of 75% ground beef with 25% organs. So far I used that mix for hamburgers. It is not that bad. I can taste the liver in the mix, but it is very mild.