Zwift - Awesome!

(Glenn larson) #1

I signed up for Zwift awhile back, but I’m finally starting to use the service on a regular bases, and I must say it rocks! For those that live in northern climates, and are forced to ride indoors, Zwift is your savior from tedium!

What is Zwift? It’s a virtual reality game powered by your bike trainer. You are on the road with other riders, and somehow riding with other people in the game tricks your mind and keeps you engaged. More then once I have planned to ride for an hour and ended up riding longer just because I was having fun.

There are group ride and even races.

It’s worth checking out. http://zwift.com

Note, I have no connection or financial interest in Zwift.

(ianrobo) #2

it is bloody excellent, gave it a go but for me I now have structured sessions so any indoor ones are to my own programme. Trainer Road is for a more structured approach but Sufferfests Vids are ‘fun’

(Mike) #3

I use zwift as well…great way to ride year around when the weather doesn’t always allow outside riding

(Mike) #4

Oct 11, 2018… cut carbs completely…decided it was time to get into keto even more…a little about me…69 years young…285 pounds…active enough that my numbers are to good to be diabetic…according to doctor…

April 13… yes a Friday at 530 am was out on my road bike moving along at 15-17 miles per hour…cat decides to see how many lives it has…no time to sto…no time to turn…no time to do anything but ride the pavement…ended up having 3 out of 4 tendions in rotary cuff tore…bicep muscle tore…knees scuffed up…cut over right eye…wasn’t wearing a helmet…

Now therapy is over…shoulder is better…able to ride again…on zwift mostly…colder days…

Want to thank ketodudes for all the podcasts…they motivate me daily to improve my keto lifestyle…been living in this way since 2015… first part of that year lost 100 pounds…felt so much better

Today’s post…I rode on zwift…did box hill…682 ft elevation…on a 17 hour fast…burning the fat for energy…12.2 miles…37 achievements…like wow…burn baby burn…been riding hills to strengthen my legs…stronger legs…more power to the peddles…

Long story short…thank you…mike…

I also use fat secret to log my food and go by wannabhealthier on there…ride and keto on…

(ianrobo) #5

OK after my post a whole back, I gave into Swift last month … really like it and recommend it and they must be generating so much cash !

(Tammy75 ) #6

I love Zwift! I have been keto for almost 2 months, and my endurance has improved!! It did go down a bit in the beginning my legs felt weird) But now… way better!! I keep searching for other keto Zwifters, but there aren’t that many, unfortunately. Glad I have Zwift and Keto in my life!:grin:

(Tammy75 ) #7

Ride on!