Zero Carb Journal

(What The Fast?!) #21

I feel you, I love Zevia.

(jilliangordona) #23

Day 4 is going well. I had some bacon for breakfast, black coffee, and my version of deviled eggs for lunch.

I have been contemplating going into a fast, as I havenā€™t been very hungry most of the dayā€¦ but I may wait until Aunt Flo gets outta town. I am feeling way more satisfied.

(jilliangordona) #24

I believe I made on day 6. Anyway, I fasted most of the day yesterday, and will be eating in the morning and fasting in the afternoon today. Iā€™ve noticed my body thinks it should eat when I get home from work, since I typically eat then, and I am hoping to confuse those signals a bit. Bacon for breakfast, burger planned for lunch then I am done for the day

(jilliangordona) #25

Alright friends. Zero carb is no moreā€¦ it didnā€™t seem to mesh with my body, all I could think about was some crispy veggies.

BUT I think this little experiment helped me realize I donā€™t need veggies every day, so not a waste at all. Just another effort to keep my carbs as low as possible!

(Keto in Katy) #26

Ditto. :+1:

(Jessica) #27

Girl thatā€™s awesome!! I am fully zero carb and donā€™t cheat.

FYI I noticed when I choose grass fed meat, butter made from grass fed cows, organic fresh mozzarella cheese and pasture-raised eggs I lose even faster!!

(Carpe salata!) #28

Interesting. I have been doing 20/24 IF for a few days no problem. I was thinking of adding a half-dozen fish oil capsules through the day to boost O3s . Iā€™ll report back if I try it.

(Erin Macfarland ) #29

Do you find zevia raises your blood sugar or makes you hungrier? I love it too!

(What The Fast?!) #30

I recently stopped using all sweeteners. I miss sweet stuff, but I think it was a crutch for me. I was forever drinking stuff with sweetness in it. It didnā€™t bump my BG when I tested it (a couple times), but Fung says that artificial sweeteners including Stevia can affect insulin without showing a change in BG.

(Chris) #31

Not only that but I find it just makes my cravings much worse. Iā€™m a fool for zero calorie Monster energy. This week I have avoided it entirely, which makes me happy because I cause a guilt response as soon as I crack that can.

(Erin Macfarland ) #32

Interesting. Iā€™m guessing if you donā€™t have IR having a zevia sometimes wonā€™t be a big deal

(Chris) #33

Probably not, even if you do or are still extremely overweight, if itā€™s something that helps you keep on track with the rest of the diet I think thereā€™s got to be some merit to having it in your toolbelt. You can always eliminate it and see how you do, too.

(What The Fast?!) #34

Yeah, the ā€œall or nothingā€ approach seems to work best for me. Iā€™m on day 21 of ZC, going for 30 days. I feel basically the same as with keto. I think I may have just figured something out today though. I started researching low stomach acid and I think I might have that. If so, it would explain why Iā€™m not going to the bathroom normally and could also explain my bodyā€™s resistance to losing weight and also the reason that I was experiencing so much bloat. Butā€¦maybe not, because my bloat went away when I cut out the vegetables?

(Doug) #35

Right on, Andrea. I always like your posts, and your dedication. I know it has been hard, at times, and Iā€™m glad you donā€™t give up. More power to you!

(What The Fast?!) #36

Hey, thank you!! I really appreciate that!

(Erin Macfarland ) #37

Everyone has to know what they can moderate and what they feel they need to abstain from. I am learning this more quickly as I get older thank goodness!

FWIW itā€™s not uncommon to only go once a week on ZC because thereā€™s very little waste. As long as youā€™re not feeling physical discomfort youā€™re probably fine. However, if you feel you need to speed things up you can take 300mg magnesium before bed for a couple nights.

(Chris) #39

Less crap in; less crap out. As it were. :rofl:

(Doug) #40

Well said, Erin! Itā€™s certainly not so simple as one might assume, especially at the beginning. My head is still spinning from it, but at least thereā€™s either light at the end of the tunnel, or not - and even if not, well, Iā€™m trying.

(Linda Culbreth) #41

If zevia is the same as stevia, it doesnā€™t mess with blood glucose BUT - it does raise the insulin levels. Canā€™t remember the study regarding that,however, personal experience verifies that.