ZC - what are the rules?

(German Ketonian) #1

Hi everyone,

need some guidance on starting ZC. How do you get enough potassium and magnesium? Are eggs ok (they contain carbs)? Cheese is fine I guess? Do the same macros apply as is the case for the standard keto diet, apart from that (80 fat, 20 protein)?

Thanks!

(Chris) #2

I’m gonna number your questions.

1. These are present in red meat.
  2. Eggs are from the animal kingdom, they are fine, same with cheese unless you have issues with dairy
    2a. Zero carb is a misnomer, there are sometimes carbs in what we eat. It should really be called carnivore or carnivory or something. The point is to avoid plant-based foods.
  3. We don’t count macros. Eat fatty meat to satiety.

Here’s a couple of links!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=287013&page=1&pp=30&goto=journalformat

(German Ketonian) #3

Nuts I will actually miss most, then… :wink:

(Chris) #4

Not missing much, they’re loaded with carbs and other bad things!

I have a pretty serious macadamia nut addiction, can you please explain what you mean here?

(Chris) #6

Toxins and inflammation from tree nuts.

Great suggestions in that article for those embarking on ZC.

Once you give up the nuts and have been eating ZC for a while you very likely won’t miss nuts anymore. Nothing satisfies the appetite and cravings like fatty meat.

peanuts/peanut butter/nuts/nut butters are what is holding many people back on their WL journey, along with dairy. just change your mindset that these foods are processed and should be avoided and watch what happens.
treats are for dogs

(Shayne) #10

I LOVE THIS!!!

(Chris) #11

I’ll be honest I’ve been ZC going on 3 months and thinking about all natural peanut butter still rings bells in my head. Same with pizza though. It’ll pass. Eat meat.