ZC Didn't agree with me - at all

(Elizabeth ) #21

There are ten and twenty year vets, no veggies

(Chris) #22

Plant sources of vitamins are barely usable by humans, whereas animal sources are much easier to utilize. Many plants also contain defensive compounds that actually mess with our ability to absorb them. And this is a gross oversimplification.

(Mike W.) #23

@AnnaLeeMI How was your carnivore whilst breastfeeding experience?

(In a #ketomarriage with @peggaloon) #24

I was keto for a year before falling pregnant. I was then paleo during the pregnancy as I was so sick. Thanks for weighing in! :slight_smile:

(AnnaLeeThal) #25

So I did notice a dip in my milk supply, but itā€™s hard to say if it was due to ZC itself (likely not) or more of inadvertent calorie restriction due to satiation. I should also say, it was a reduction in pumped milk volume, not signs of low milk supply from my baby. Once Iā€™m done pumping at a year I will go back to ZC since it cured my cravings and improved my overall well-being. Plants seem to screw me up overall.

(In a #ketomarriage with @peggaloon) #26

Thanks for replying @AnnaLeeMI :smiley:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #27

My guess would be that the liver can supply all the glucose necessary from the process known as gluconeogenesis. It is a demand-driven process that operates primarily on amino acids.

(In a #ketomarriage with @peggaloon) #28

I thought this was to be the case too, but alas no. Carbs have proven to be necessary for my breastmilk supply. Prof Tim Noakes recommends a minimum of 50g per day for a lactating mother.

(Elizabeth ) #29

Not everybody needs to be on zero carb. That being said, Charlene Anderson has birthed and breastfed three children completely zero carb, Kelly Hogan Williams had her third child and nursed completely zero carb. thereā€™s dozens of women in the zero carb groups I belong to that have no problems. Also, isnā€™t Noakes Keto? we really donā€™t know what anybody really needs but you have to go with your experience. Unfortunately thereā€™s many of us that canā€™t tolerate any carbs and that works for us also.

I went carnivore on 5 July 2018. I have gained 6-8 lb since then. I went from 5-1/2 years keto to carnivore. I eat steak, pork and ground beef.

I have to say the weight gain disturbs me (132 lb to 138 lb), and my goal is to stay at 130 lb.

I went carnivore to resolve glossitis and the symptoms have improved but not resolved completely.

I plan to stick with ZC until the end of this year, then reassess.

(Cathrine Helle) #31

Thank you for sharing your experience! People are often reluctant to share when things donā€™t go to plan, but itā€™s so helpful for others that might be struggeling. This way they can benefit from all the thoughts and advise youā€™ve been given in this thread, which I think is very valuable :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve been ZC for about three months, and I still include some cheese. It seems to firm things up. I am aiming to not have it though, Iā€™ve read several places that autoimmune people should avoid dairy. But Iā€™m not stressing over this. I think Iā€™m done stressing over food - now I mainly want simplicity and peace of mind :sweat_smile: