ZC & being cool

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #1

Not cool like hip though. LOL

I’m having another go at ZC/ultra low carb and one thing I’m noticing is that on average my body gets colder/cool faster and longer over the past couple of weeks or so. I’ve been going more days without the a/c on while having the window open. I’d like to know if anyone else has experienced this and if eating even more fat is the remedy or maybe something else?

TIA!!

(John) #2

I had a few periods where I wasn’t too hungry so didn’t eat a lot of fat, i was cold all the time, and i’m never cold. Last year I was comfortable at 70 in the house, this year 75 is good.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #3

I’m surprised because I usually run pretty warm so I keep my place cool. Being outside is pretty much the same, once I get warmed up there’s plenty of warmth and sweating. LOL

(Rachel) #4

Same for me. I was always hot. I use to keep the AC on 66… Started Keto a month ago and have the AC on 75 and have a blanket on most of the time… My husband keeps asking me if im sick.

My fat intake is high. I fat fast 3 to 5 days out of the week. Im just cold all the time.

I’m almost always hot. IMG_0306

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #6

I’ve always been on the warm side and hated the heat, but I’ve found I tolerate the heat better since going Keto. I wouldn’t say that I’m cold, and for me it is a definite improvement. But I have noticed a difference.

(Doug) #7

Same here, John. Such a good thing.

(Crow T. Robot) #8

And me. I think it’s better hormone signaling.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #9

Thanks y’all!

I don’t feel so alone. LOL

(Paul Allen) #10

I’m cold all the time. Anybody know the reason for this?

(Kevin) #11

Because winter is coming.

More seriously, thyroid conditions and certain types of anemia are frequent contributors.