ZC and eggs

eggs

(Magnus Jensen) #1

I am allowed to eat eggs on a Carnivore diet? Anyone with experiences eating them/not eating them and effects?

Yes, eggs are from the animal kingdom and consistent with carnivore eating. Personally, I experience some type of sensitivity to eggs (donā€™t feel well, bloat), so I avoid them. The key is to know whatā€™s best for you eating only animal foods.

I thought carnivore was meat only. Dairy is from an animal but is full of carbsā€¦ But I guess so is crab which is meat.

No, it is NOT ā€˜meat only.ā€™ It is animal kingdomā€“which includes fish and dairy. ā€˜Zero carbā€™ is a misnomer; we eat liver, etc. and donā€™t count carbs. Most avoid dairy, but thatā€™s a personal choice.

If you are planning to eat carnivore, perhaps you should become more familiar with it.

(Magnus Jensen) #5

Allteady eating carnivore, and have red what I can, there seems to still (obviously), to be some debate on what is allowed and not, which was why I asked my initial question and I am more interested in carnivores experiences with eggs rather than the silly ā€œam I allowed or notā€ debate

(Carl Keller) #6

Iā€™m not carnivore but I liked one one personā€™s motto (wish I could remember who): something has to die in order for them to include it in their diet.

I always thought eggs were dairy but they are not. Apparently, dairy is either the milk of mammals or something derived from the milk of mammals.

Iā€™m not but thanks for the advice

(Bob M) #8

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s a great saying. Plants die when harvested, for at least some of them.

Thereā€™s a lot of dairy that has few carbs. When I eat dairy, thatā€™s what I eat: cheeses, sour cream, cream, butter, ghee, etc. Sometimes, Iā€™ll have yogurt, but I try to avoid that, as I always overeat with yogurt. But itā€™s also pretty low in carbs.

(Chris) #9

Carbs from animal sources almost donā€™t count. The ones present in meat, liver and eggs are not counted. I almost wouldnā€™t count the ones in dairy unless insulin resistant.

(Chris) #10

I thought it was more about telling people what to eat. :ballot_box_with_check:

(Brian) #11

Eggs are just immature chickens! :slight_smile:

Love me some good pasture raised chicken eggs. And just about perfect macros. Iā€™m not zero carb, maybe a few meals are just because I like them that way, but eggs be good eats!

I know, some do have issues with them. But thatā€™s with lots of foods. Thankful that I can enjoy without worry.

:slight_smile:

Anything that comes from the animal kingdom that isnā€™t honey is fair game.

(Carl Keller) #13

Perhaps itā€™s not 100% true but I still like it for itā€™s omnimity. Maybe it would be more correct to say ā€œsomething has to bleed and dieā€?

(Bob M) #14

Thatā€™s a good one.

Why would they not count?

(Chris) #16

Compare the bodyā€™s response to these carbs vs. plant-derived carbs such as sugar, corn syrup etc. There basically isnā€™t one.

Are you saying Iā€™m allowed to eat blue crab again? #BaltimoreNative

(Chris) #18

Umā€¦I wonā€™t say to eat or not eat anything.

Iā€™m going to say you told me I could :joy: